We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

Does anyone know of any sites that have last minute really good prices to fill seats on a plane? I do have a one way via miles I've saved up to go to Hawaii. I'm disabled and lost my son just over 2 years ago and have been in the house for almost always...this trip will be very healing to me and my friend has already paid for room, car, and I only need spending $$ and a return flight cheap. On disability it isn't easy and only had a few months notice. I do feel this would be healing in every aspect of my life...yes I will still come home with health issues but I know I would feel better emotionally for sure..thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,589 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

There really aren't any. Airlines generally don't dump prices at the last minute even if there are plenty of empty seats left. On the contrary, prices are much more likely to increase as you get closer to your travel date. if you are travelling in the foreseeable future you are probably better off looking for a flight now rather than waiting.

Don't get fooled by the bargain prices listed on some 3rd party sites. Use a price comparison site like Kayak or Skyscanner to find out what the best options are and then book your ticket directly on the airline's website.This sounds like an important trip for you and the last thing you need is to get screwed over by some dodgy travel agency. If you post your travel date and where you're flying from/to someone in here will probably be able to help you find the best option (best is not necessarily the cheapest, if you are disabled you may wish to avoid overly complicated itineraries with multiple stop-overs or very short connections).

Edited: 29 March 2014, 08:17
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

Those sort of standby deals went away a long time ago.

Your best bet is to use your miles to part pay on a return ticket, because buying a single is often a very high percentage of the cost of a return.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

yes your right it is a very important trip. I was very fortunate after I posted this. An amazing turn of events from a friend of a friend. I was given of a gift of cash towards return flight. I now have booked my flight to Hawaii and will be booking return flight tomorrow. I wish to thank you because you gave me a super tip. I will follow your advise on checking those 2 sites and booking directly. I was very Blessed yesterday evening and certainly don't want to make any mistakes. Your advise is taken to heart. Regards, ty namaste

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

I also didn't do too bad with the disability and booking. I used my miles to go to Hawaii but stopping in Maui for a little over an hour. I heard from my friend that it is a lovely small airport and will be a great place to layover and grab something to eat. Then i have a short flight to Honolulu. My friend chose Honolulu this year as a favor to a friend to help with her timeshare and it works out great still because my dad gave us many tips on driving for about an hour and seeing much more of Hawaii. He told me how far to go out in the water and what to watch for. I was a very strong swimmer but am not as strong now. I just want to feel the water and take in the beauty. Heal my soul and spirit. Be with good friends. Anyway turns out I will be wheelchaired to terminal in the 2 larger airports and I should be ok in Maui. On the way home it is a direct flight no stops and again will get assistance to the terminal. From there I can do it. Next year I'm going to be gathering tips all this year for another trip planned to Maui. I will have a year notice this time. :) I hope to learn much more from all of you. Thanks so much

Edited: 30 March 2014, 08:39
5. Re: I'm also asking in case someone passes my other post up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15