We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Ahead Tours?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Go Ahead Tours?

Has anyone used Go Ahead Tours? How were the hotels? Any info will be useful. Thank you for your input.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

We used Go Ahead Tours July 2013 for a tour of Croatia & Slovenia. We were very happy with the accommodations. The hotels were very nice and close to the city centers so getting around on your free time was easy. We have booked an Australia New Zealand 2015 tour with them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Thank you for your reply. I will travel with them this summer.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Last year, I went on a London, Paris and Rome tour through Go Ahead Tours. The only

hotel that was decent was London. Paris and Rome locations were among the worst I

had ever stayed in anywhere! Also, I would advise against purchasing travel insurance

through this tour operator. I had occasion to call the insurer for a possible claim only

to reach a number that was disconnected! When I returned to the states I called

Go Ahead Tours and was told they had no control over the insurer not having

a working telephone number! UGHHHH!

Edited: 02 June 2014, 22:47
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Thank you Sugar for your reply. I am traveling in July and have not received air & hotel info yet. It seems that GoAhead saves money by putting people in hotels that are not near anything decent. I was going to purchase their insurance but they had a cut off date and it was passed that date, so I was unable to purchase it.

5. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 00:05
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

I just received my hotels and so far so good. I am excited and I believe I'll be very happy with my tour.

PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Just returned yesterday from the walking tour of Northern Italy/Cinque Terre - it was fabulous. Don't worry, I think you will be happy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Thank you for the reply.

I am all set. Paperwork just arrived.

Tip envelopes, also.

If you don't mind, can you give me an idea as to your tipping?

Did you follow the guide-line? I believe the suggestion is too steep.

Thank you for shedding some light on this matter.

PA
Level Contributor
14 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

We followed the recommended guidelines, but in US dollars, not Euros. It does say pay in your currency, we basically tipped the value of the US tip in Euros. If your guide is good, they are worth it. They know who to call for various independent activities. We actually had an issue in one hotel where I left everything locked in my room safe and our guide was extremely helpful in getting everything back to us in 2 days! Everything arrived expertly packaged which we were grateful for because it was a nice chunk of change in items we left behind. When we were in Cinque Terre, she knew how to navigate the train system quickly and she also helped others arrange for appointments to the museums in Florence on their after stay. Ours even offered to take us on an unscheduled side trip for a slight extra cost, unfortunately we didn't get to do this because the weather did not cooperate. Where are you headed?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
629 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Go Ahead Tours?

Thank You very much! You have been very helpful.

I feel much better reading your reply. We were going to see how helpful and good the guides are. If they are good, like yours, we would tip the way you did.

We are going to London & Paris. We just paid $1.80 for just one Pound/ Sterling. Using US $ for tips would be so much better.