We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best London hostels for mature tourist?

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Best London hostels for mature tourist?

I must spent 2 - weeks in London between ships because I can't fly, for health reasons (ruptured eardrum). I notice in reviews that a lot of London hostels are over crowded with semi - permanent workers (I'm glad they have a place to sleep). Does anyone know of a hostel that has true tourists and can accommodate a 57 year old? I also must be very cost conscious. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,781 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

I noticed that you posted in a few different forums, but not the London local forum board. I'm guessing the locals would be more familiar with the local accommodations.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

I see your point and I'll do that. I wonder how many London locals stay at London hostels, though.Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,781 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

The local forum is not designed for locals only - it's just the place with the most information about any one city and usually there are "Destination Experts" who know a lot, as well. For example, hotel recommendations are often listed in the local boards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

I see that now and have already had a reponse. Thanks again, though you did say locals would be more familiar with local accommodations, which confused me. I really appreciate your advice. Thank you and wish me luck!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

Yours was the best tip! I've had so many responses and great suggestions from the London forum. Thanks again. David

6. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 17:55
7. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 17:50
8. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 15:05
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,781 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

First, Transatlantical - please take your post down. Listing your personal email, even if it's a disposable one, is not recommended on TripAdvisor. This is a public forum and spammers and other bad people will visit these boards looking to add you to spam mail lists.

To take your post down, click "Report inappropriate content" then click "remove my post".

If you want to reach another post, this can be done within TripAdvisor by clicking their screen name (in blue) and sending them a message (see the envelope icon).

Now, as for Post #6 - this is advertising and I've reported it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best London hostels for mature tourist?

I'm doing all this from a smartphone and don't see any of the options you mention. Oh, God. Now what?