We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid Atlantic Summer Vaca

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mid Atlantic Summer Vaca

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are starting to think about the summer and the idea of a possible mini-getaway. We live in New Jersey (about 30 min from NYC) and are just looking for something relatively inexpensive, relaxing, and just overall enjoyable. Unless we can manage to land cheap tickets or hotel it doesn’t seem that flying is an option - so somewhere within driving distance (3 hours or so) would be ideal. I’m not sure the exact amount of days - possibly the weekend, maybe slightly longer.

He grew up around the Jersey Shore, I lived in the Berkshires most my life, and

we’ve done Atlantic City so those locations are out. We were considering Lake George or the Poconos, but want to know of any other vaca recommendations relatively nearby. We're really not sure of what activities we want to do besides just relax - and the setting doesn't matter. It could be by a lake/outdoorsy, or resort style.

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid Atlantic Summer Vaca

VRBO is my favorite vacation rental site. You can search for something near your house (or at least driving distance).

I recently tried out VILLAVISOR.com who negotiates with VRBO owners to get the best price. I had alot of luck in renting through VRBO, but never any luck in negotiating for a better price. Basically, you still pick out the property & directly sign the contract with VRBO, but they help get you the best price.

Try it out- I saved 16% my last trip to Disney and it was easy.

2. Re: Mid Atlantic Summer Vaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17