We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip from SEA to Europe?

Puchong, Malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
Road trip from SEA to Europe?

Hello, people. I have been thinking about having a backpacking road trip to europe within a few years with my friends and brother.. I am from Malaysia and I want to go to europe using this order of countries. Malaysia-Thailand-Myanmar-India-Pakistan-Iran-Turkey-Bulgaria-Romania-Moldova-Ukraine-Russia-Finland-Sweden-Denmark-Germany-Netherlands-Belgium-France-UK-France-Switzerland-Germany-Poland-Slovakia-Hungary-Romania-Bulgaria-Greece-Turkey-Iran-Pakistan-India-Myanmar-Thailand-Malaysia. I plan on having that trip for a month or two. Most of the countries I want to stay for a night but then there are those countries which I don't want to stay at for long like Pakistan. Here are my questions. Some of the countries I will transit through needs visa for Malaysian using the airports but what about driving transit? Schengen area won't be a problem as Malaysia is Annex II but what about UK not being in Schengen? I plan on staying in India for a night going to europe and out. Do I still need a visa? Same as Russia, Ukraine and UK. I am going to use my Mitsubishi Triton and 5000 USD for the trip for five people. Okay or not?

Edited: 14 May 2014, 11:49
1. Re: Road trip from SEA to Europe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:17