We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RoomsNet

Bourne, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
RoomsNet

Has anyone Travelled with Rooms Net recently or heard of any concerns around them? I have used them many times in the past and i have a group booking for June this year but cannot get them on the phone and their web site appears to be down?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,621 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RoomsNet

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RoomsNet

Used Roomsnet to book a hotel this year in Lanzarote. Used them many times before and was happy with the service provided. Paid the deposit at the end of last year. The balance was due to be taken automatically from my bank account in March this year. On the due date it hadn't been taken and like you I found that I could not contact the company by phone or email nor was the website working. (It has been working intermittently since).

To cut a long story short I had to rebook the hotel using a different website. It cost quite a bit extra because we had already got the flights and were committed to the dates.

Roomsnet seems to be a bit of a shady operation if you read the forum comments. I wouldn't use them ever again. Fortunately I was able to get my deposit back, not from the company but from my bank using the little known procedure called Visa Chargeback (look it up on Money Saving Expert).

Bourne, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RoomsNet

Thanks. I have checked with the hotel direct and they have advised that all is paid for so i am going to go and take the emalsl they have sent with me. Appreciate your feedback and although i have used rooms net many times ( 8 years running) i dont think i will do so again.

4. Re: RoomsNet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:17