We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling

2 posts
Save Topic
travelling

Me and my partner are going travelling for the first time for 6 months! We are hoping to go to Singapore for 5 days Janpan for 2 weeks, China for 3 weeks, Vietnam Cambodia Laos and Thailand 6 weeks then 3 months in new Zealand and Australia! Do you think the trip is a bit ambitious for 1st timers how much money do you think it will cos! Any advice welcome.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,627 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling

How much have you got?

Seriously, hi Rachel, the answer will depend on a large extent to your travelling style. Obviously there will be a minimum that you need for such things as transportation, food and accommodation, so you'll need to research things like flight tickets and the general cost of living in each of your destinations to get a very rough idea of how much expense you will be looking at.

For immigration purposes, in many countries you will need to prove that you have the means to support yourself during your stay, and you will probably need evidence of onward travel to demonstrate that you are not intending to stay illegally. The cost of visas will need to be taken into account.

Whether it's too ambitious or not is not easy to answer. Some people, including relatives like mine have travelled around the world for longer, but I know of others who found it more difficult, being homesick, having to survive on very little money and finding their relationship under strain. If you do have doubts, then it might be better to start with a shorter trip to see how things go?

My guess about budget is that it will cost more than you are expecting!

2. Re: travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:16