We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Zoetermeer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Recently, I was looking for an affordable hotel in Vancouver in the mid June period. Through Tripadvisor, I found the Holiday Inn Express for €130 /night but the only booking site that had availability during my requested period was HotelsClick.com. After I placed the reservation with them, I received a voucher but a day later, they asked me to confirm the names of the guests (see the email trail below, names and phone numbers removed). After my confirmation, they cancelled my reservation due to a 'security' reason. I asked them to give me details but they never bothered to respond.

It is my personal opinion that HotelsClick is highly unreliable and may drop your reservation at no notice when it is convenient to them and I will avoid them like the plague in the future as they can potentially ruin my holidays with these business methods.

Good morning,

we have received a reservation from you, could you please re-confirm the

following details:

Full name of the guests:

Mobile number where to contact you:

Kind regards,

Erika

Hotels Click

Hi Erika,

The names of the guests are:

<Me and my Wife's name>

Phone is +<phone> which is my Dutch mobile phone.

Regards,

Wilco

Good morning,

please note that your reservation has been cancelled due to a security reason.

Best regards,

Hotels Click s.r.l

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Dear Wilcodis,

we are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Unfortunately some of our secure parameters have returned a bad results and so we have been forced to act accordingly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in response but we were checking with the hotel if there was the possibility to reconfirm your reservation.

To apologize again, we are sending you a discount code of 10% that you can use for your next reservation; we will be happy to assist you in the booking process.

Best Regards,

HotelsClick

Zoetermeer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Dear Hotelsclick,

Your secure parameters returned a bad results? I travel all over Europe and the US and book with many reservation sites. I am a frequent customer of booking.com, who have btw never let me down. What good is a discount code of 10% if you reject my reservations?

Wilco

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

I wonder if security reason = no availability at the Holiday Inn and hotelsclick is deflecting the real reason.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

"It is my personal opinion that HotelsClick is highly unreliable and may drop your reservation at no notice when it is convenient to them"

That's a pretty strong conclusion to draw from one experience. Why would it be convenient for them to drop your reservation anyway? That doesn't make them any money. As lucyw17 says, the problem was most likely a lack a availability since nobody else had offered rooms for your dates.

Zoetermeer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

My thoughts exactly lucyw17

Edited: 12 June 2014, 22:12
Zoetermeer, The...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Lexepress, it is indeed a strong conclusion. Vancouver is quite a difficult place to find affordable accommodation and I am very unimpressed with booking sites that pretend to have rooms when they don't. What really ticked me off was the fact that they confirm my reservation with a voucher by email and drop it two days later. That's just bad business.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Indeed it's bad business, they make no money on it!

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

Dear Wilcodis,

your reservation was fully confirmed infact you received the voucher that proved that the room was available.

Once again we truly apologies for the mistake, if you'd like to use the discount code for your next reservation, we will offer you all the necessary assistance.

Best Regards,

HotelsClick srl

9. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 13:35
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why I will never book with HotelsClick.com

The way this particular incident has been handled says a lot about how HotelsClick may operate. It's one experience, but highly likely that it's not the only experience. Actually, I have just discovered that there are other customers that confirm wilcodis's experience. all right, there are customers that will be highly satisfied, so there are no reports on these, but this particular incident should not have been handled the way it was.

10% voucher?. Talk about adding insult to injury.