We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Republic - Portugal

I booked two 2-bed superior apartments for a holiday departing on 4 July for two weeks. This booking was made December 2013 and paid in full in May 2014. There are 5 adults and two teenagers travelling. Today I received an email from Travel Republic informing me that because of an overbooking the two apartments we had booked were no longer available. They told me that their booking agent were offering a one 3-bedroom apartment instead of the two 2-bed apartments with two rounds of golf as compensation, I honestly cannot believe that TR are doing this and as I explained to them that if I wanted a 3-bed apartment I would have booked a 3-bed apartment. With 7 of us it will mean someone sleeping in the sofa bed. This is not the holiday we had planned.

TR have offered a full refund but the fact is we have 7 flights booked to Faro and two car hires already paid for the dates we were supposedly going on holiday and of course TR say this is not their problem.

How can TR get away this. Everytime I think about their compensation of a round of golf it makes me livid.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,601 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Republic - Portugal

TR are only a booking agent and will be getting their accommodation via a local agent or bed bank. Personally, I always book direct. Have you looked for your own alternative accommodation?

What does it say in TR T&Cs regarding compensation?

2. Re: Travel Republic - Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:15