We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Hi,

After trying to find a holiday for the last few weeks ,we finally found one last night via Low cost holidays.

We paid the money yesterday and at half midnight, we had an email to ask us to call them. It was late at night and the lines were closed so we checked with our bank and confirmed that the money had been taken out.

After a restless night, worrying about our booking, we called Low Cost Holidays at about 7.30 this morning, only to be told that the holiday that we have paid for is not available because the flight is full. However, despite the fact that they took our money before checking flight availability, we are advised that we now have to wait 3-4 working days for a refund! We were due to fly out on the 4th working day so have been left in a devastating position as a family with two children who had been looking forward to going away.

We have waited 2 years for a holiday and saved very hard and do not have another £4500 in our bank to pay for another one. The children have been crying all morning after telling them that we won't be going on holiday.

The women at low cost holidays couldn't care less about the situation we are in.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
46,158 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

>>>The women at low cost holidays couldn't care less about the situation we are in.<<<

I assume form that comment that the men do care? ;-)

Unfortunately, this is the way that these companies operate. They take your money and then look for a flight. Last minute bookings are always risky. I'm sorry for your disappointment, though. Have you thought about going somewhere else? It sounds like a lot of money to pay, so why not go to somewhere closer to home and splash out next year?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,817 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Next time book direct to avoid this kinf of problem.

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Very strange comment to make .

If it was a man it would be "the man couldn't care less".

ps .I'm a women writing on my husbands account.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Sorry if this is a weird question, but do you not have a credit card you could use meanwhile while you are waiting for the refund?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,779 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

So how did you find TA now to complain? Why didn't you look here first before you booked and they took your money. It's well known on here that they are not reliable.

So, learn your lesson and don't commit money next time until you check out the company you are sending it to.

I can't believe how many people continue to do this kind of stuff then come here to whine.

Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Totally agree with you and its not like me . We were rushing because we knew the hotel had limited rooms and the flight seats were going fast . Its a firm that always seemed to be one of the top searches on Google and just thought such a big company had to be a reliable source.

Lesson learnt the hard way.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,876 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

If you knew the hotel had rooms and that there were seats on the flight, why didn't you book them? I can't understand why anybody books via a third party.

8. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2015, 07:28
9. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 12:27
Edited: 13 August 2014, 12:27
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,404 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Low Cost Holidays have ruined our holiday.

Lowcostholidays,

You've stated this in your response;

>>>Unfortunately we do not own any airlines and although it is a rare occurrence, flights can fail<<<

By stating the "flights can fail" it implies strongly the airline had cancelled or there was some technical issue that could not be overcome.

Yet, this is what the OP wrote;

>>>only to be told that the holiday that we have paid for is not available because the flight is full<<<

They were told "the flight is full".

A FULL flight, and a *FAILED* flight are two completely different things.

And from where I'm reading it, the packaged component was oversold. There's a significant disparity here. What other explanation do you have?