We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

Newark-on-Trent...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

We booked a holiday with these last Thursday and got an email from them today to say call us regarding your flights.

I called and was told the price of the flights had gone up by £292, I said this was over my budget so the rep said she'd look for an alternative, she came back with a £232 increase, I told her this was still over my budget and I wanted to cancel.

She then told me my flights had gone up by £411 but that if I agreed to pay an additional £100 and they would make up the difference!

I said no I wanted to cancel and she then asked me how much I could afford to pay, I said £50 and she said ok!

I don't believe the price had changed, clearly the way the conversation went they were just wanting to get as much money from me that they possibly could.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS IF THINKING ABOUT BOOKING WITH THIS COMPANY.

1. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2015, 07:28
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,543 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

G'day Simeon,

If you do happen to proceed with the dialogue, could you be so kind to come back and give us an update? We weren't privy to the conversation, but the sequence of conversation as you've communicated to us, certainly does not put them in favourable light in this situation.

Newark-on-Trent...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

Ok I've contacted them to see what they say and will update on here when I get a reply

Newark-on-Trent...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

I got a call from them, a lady explained that the price of the flgihts had gone up since I had booked and that the hotel was booked on a non refundable basis so that if I decided to cancel then they would have been out of pocket so they were prepared to accept whatever I was willing to pay.

She expalined it much better than the previous person, it seems plausible so I'm happy to leave it at that.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

Sounds like a fishy explanation to me as they could have just left you with a non-refundable hotel-booking and no flights and they would not have been out of pocket.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,543 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

I agree with Lex.

Whilst you maybe happy to let it go, that explanation would certainly not be sufficient enough for me to use them

London
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

Did Low Cost Holidays advise you in the booking process the hotel was non-refundable?

If they didn't, they can't charge you for something they never advised you.

Even if they did, and you agreed to a price, if the price they say has then gone up, either they should cover the cost or provide you with a full refund. As you booked the holiday at the first price quoted and not the 2nd.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,628 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

I bet they are covered and you are screwed. You should have checked this out better before you used them. Lots of information on their tactics and you didn't do your homework before you booked.

Now you are complaining and no one here can help you.

9. Re: Low Cost Holidays - they will try to get more cash off you!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17