We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to book holidays with?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Who to book holidays with?

Hi All,

I have a few plans for last minute bookings coming up in the next month and came onto this forum to look for who is best to book holidays from.

However, after going through a few threads, I find that there is only warnings and complaints about websites/companies but was wondering if anyone could suggestion who to book with, rather than who to avoid?

Thanks in advance,

Karen

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
54,570 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who to book holidays with?

Do you mean package holidays? If so, I can't help much as I haven't booked one of those for over ten years! We now mostly travel independently or take cruises.

But one thing to remember is that people are far more likely to come to a website such as this and complain about a bad experience than they are to report on a good one. So it's not really surprising that a search will give the impression that all such companies are poor. It's a bit like the Air Travel Forum, where there are warnings to 'AVOID!' just about every airline in the world!

It might also be helpful if you let us know what type of holiday (beach, city, adventure etc) you are interested in. I'm sure someone will have a positive comment.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,467 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who to book holidays with?

Decide when and where you want to go and book direct with the airlines, hotels and rental car companies. Avoid any 3rd party booking sights.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who to book holidays with?

Book directly with the vendor. But, if you choose not to, make sure to do thorough research on the company, the process and payments, Terms & Conditions, and FAQ's if something goes wrong. I've personally had ok success with larger companies (expedia, orbitz, etc.) but these days I find I can book direct for the same $.

4. Re: Who to book holidays with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 21:08
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,399 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who to book holidays with?

I have noticed you have posted about this travel agent on numerous occasions.

Would you mind a couple of questions so that there's some transparency?

* Why no official website? There is only social media pages and a blog site

* Are they officially accredited? Any other industry affiliations? If so, where is their registration details, and others such as IATA number?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
424 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who to book holidays with?

They explain why no .com website and why they use a blog instead on their FAQ page. I found this info:

Agency Name: CRUISES & TOURS UNLTD

DBA: LET THERE BE TRAVEL

IATAN: 10766674

I do not know thier CLIA since I did not use them for a cruise and a CLIA is for cruise lines

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who to book holidays with?

Not much good to the OP though being as she's in the UK. Good bit of free advertising though.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,399 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who to book holidays with?

Thank you for that information.

Whatever the reason for no website is quite bizarre, but regardless, why wouldn't they disclose their numbers on the blog page?

So it appears to indicate that 'Let There Be Travel' is either an independent contractor for Cruises & Tours Unlimited, or a direct trading arm of. It's quite concerning as there seems to be numerous other 'independent' contractor using that same IATA number. In fact over a dozen using different trading names.

That's my sentiments also LS

Edited: 29 August 2014, 21:21
9. Re: Who to book holidays with?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 01:51
10. Re: Who to book holidays with?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 01:05