Hi there! We're planning a trip during the busy travel season that is the last 2-3 weeks of December, returning home either New Year's day or the day following. Since travel around that time can be extremely tricky/pricey, and the winter season is another consideration, we're looking for some expert suggestions for our destination. We love adventure, and also love to do things on the cheap whenever we can. Here's our criteria:
- 2-3 week timeline
- We are on a budget (so Paris is out, c'est la vie!)
- Don't mind shelling out bulk of our money on the flight if it's super cheap once you get there
- Looking for warm weather/sun, but not necessarily a caribbean type of trip
- Happy to back pack (though not a requirement)
- Either mid or peak season in December
Our initial plan was to head to Peru - hike the ruins & the rainforest, hit the beach, explore the cities - but December looks like a really bad time for that. Next time Machu Picchu!
I know this is quite vague, but hey! That's why we're looking for some leads. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks so much travelers!