We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

Leicester...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
8 helpful votes
Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

Has anyone any recent wedding experience?

6 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,983 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

Hello..,

Im not sure how many replies you'll get here, this is a very quiet forum ...

However, heres a link to the Tripadvisor Reviews/Photos of this venue

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g189154-d238062-Reviews-Senhora_da_Guia_Cascais_Boutique_Hotel-Cascais_Lisbon_District_Central_Portugal.html

You can use the filter section to bring forward all the reviews that mention " Wedding" if you want, and see what other members have said

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,983 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
2. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

And there ARE Lots of Reviews that DO mention weddings, and wedding planning ...

I definitely recommend looking at them

1 post
3. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

We’ve been trying to book a wedding for 4 months ! , there customer service is dreadful , tried emailing , phoning , messaging through instragram etc and no reply , only once did marina call and gave me her buisness what’s app , but when we sent messages again , she still didn’t reply not once ! , so we’ve now had to go else where , I wouldn’t trust this place for your wedding if they can’t be bothered to call back

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,983 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
4. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

I wouldnt want to do business with any company, hotel, venue etc who couldnt take the time to respond and answer my questions

1 post
5. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

We had an awful experience with them. We first came across the venue in November 2023 and reached out looking for information but heard nothing back. After a few emails and attempts to contact them on social media to no avail, I emailed the hotel in mid December and asked about talking to someone about our wedding. The hotel told me that the events team had already finished for Christmas and someone would contact me by a certain date in January when they returned.

That January date came and went, and I heard nothing, so another week later I reached out again and got no response. I eventually rang the hotel and was told that I had to just wait and someone would contact me at some stage, to which I said that we weren't going to just wait as we were trying to plan a wedding and that we were really disappointed but would have to just move on and look elsewhere. I received an email from Marine in the events team very shortly after that phone call and was delighted. We scheduled a zoom meeting for a couple of weeks later.

We had the zoom and everything went great, we were confident that we had found our venue which we told Marine and she was very happy to hear this and said that she looked forward to working with us etc. Our next step was to book a visit to the venue and set our date.

We had some back and forth communication with them in the days that followed where we scheduled a date for our visit and got some more information.

The week of our visit comes and we were due to fly out and meet with them on the Friday. On Tuesday I emailed to confirm everything to which I received a warm response confirming everything. A few hours later, I received an email from them addressed to "Valued Clients" stating that actually they would no longer be doing weddings from 2025 because they are under new administration. I emailed back that I was really confused seeing as just this morning she confirmed our meeting for later that week so set our date for 2025. She said she was sorry but that there was nothing they could do.

At this stage it was now nearly 4 months since I had initially tried to make contact with them, and around 2 months since we had first heard back from Marine and thought that we had found out venue. All of this time was now wasted, as was the money for our flights which we were not able to get back. We were now back to square one with our planning.

We should have just walked away at the start when it was so difficult to contact them, but we loved the venue so much and it was the only one that ticked all of the boxes on our wish list so we ignored these red flags, which was our mistake.

Absolutely terrible experience. Granted if they were under new administration it could have been out of their hands but the way it was handled and communicated to us was just so poor. We just were so glad that we hadn't actually set our date yet and no money had changed hands because I can't imagine what a nightmare that would have been

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
48,983 posts
26 reviews
96 helpful votes
6. Re: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal

Sophie H @ post 5

That is great information to add to their Tripadvisor Reviews section, which is where it will be of use to the majority of people looking for info on the venue

Hope you add your Review there

Ive linked to it directly upthread in the first reply

Edited: 03 May 2024, 14:12
Reply to: Senhora da Guia wedding Villa portugal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.