We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAMMA MIA, weddings in Pelion, Greece

Bridgend, United...
2 posts
MAMMA MIA, weddings in Pelion, Greece

My husband and I recently got back from our dream wedding with Mamma Mia Weddings. We got married on the 14th of September 2011 in the

beautiful village of Damouchari and absolutely loved it!

We found out about the company on this forum above and decided to check it out. We really wanted to get married abroad but really did NOT want an all inclusive conveyor belt wedding that these big hotels offer. We wanted a small intimate, romantic and personal wedding and we decided to give Mama Mia Weddings a shot.

After exchanging some emails with TOM (the amazing wedding/holiday planner) my parents went out to visit the location (as me and my husband were busy with work) and they came back with awesome reviews of both the hotel, wedding location, and of course Tom and the team that were going to plan it. We booked the wedding and holiday just 6 weeks in advance and felt fully confident with Tom as the communication between us was brilliant.

He wanted me to send him everything from decoration idea's to flowers, from colour scheme to favours for the guests. Tom really hit the head on the nail with all the personal details. When we were communicating the several weeks prior to the wedding Tom really embraced any ideas that I had and always offered great ways of innovating these ideas so that they fit into the setting very well. Tom did an amazing job at making and organizing all of the wedding decorations and bits and bobs that make each wedding so personal and original. I strongly recommend taking Tom's advice on anything in this field.

The wedding itself was absolutely brilliant!! My husband and I had not visited the wedding beach ourselves before the wedding actually took place. We truly entrusted Tom to organize everything that was going on, on the beach that day and he definatly exceeded our expectations. Our wedding day was super relaxed and enjoyable we started the day off on the beach just going about our normal day and in the early afternoon went back to the hotel to begin getting ready (Tom suggested to have the wedding later in the day so it is cooler, which turned out to be a very good idea as it was really hot) When I was ready everyone left by bus to the little village of Damouchri where we would be getting married. Me, my dad (who were in my room) my husband and his best man stayed behind as we would be getting boats to the village. My husband and the best man got on a boat first and headed to the beach, and soon after they had arrived on the beach then my dad and I left on another boat. As we turned the corner and I could see the whole setting of the village and beach filled with my family and friends and how perfect everything was. Once again everything on the beach was amazing Tom and his team had made a little dock for the boats to arrive and had made a cute wooden walkway in the sand with an archway into the wedding area, it was perfect!!

We went through the wedding ceremony and Tom had organized to have drinks and food in one of the restaurants overlooking the beach and the cove that we were in. It put a very nice finish on the ceremony and a bit of a preparation for the reception. We had all gone to Papa Nero beach via bus to arrive at the reception. I was truly amazed at the set up Tom had arranged for us he had all the cool tid bits for us and the guests to enjoy all in the setting of a true authentic Greek restaurant that was on the beach.The food was extraordinary, the DJ played great music and the whole night was amazing!!!! We cut the cake that night but did not eat it as everyone was too full and probably had a few to many drinks to enjoy it, but soon after we cut the cake Tom had place it in the fridge and stored it for us to enjoy the next evening sitting in the sky lounge of the Kentrikon Boutique Hotel where we stayed.

Overall we could have definatly not asked for a better wedding. Any fear that we had about the wedding was thrown out the window and we were swept back time after time of how good amazing everything was. The flow of the whole day was on our minds prior to the wedding. We always hear about people not even remembering there wedding because it went by so quick, and we have been to weddings when there are moments where nothing is happening and you could see the guests are getting restless. The flow of our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Our guests and us never felt bored or more that ready to move onto the next stage of the wedding day we all enjoyed what was happening at the time it was happening. The time management on Tom's part for the day was amazing!!

Were sure you can realize that we had an amazing wedding by now, and to sum everything up! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAMA MIA WEDDINGS If you want a stress free, romantic, original wedding organized by someone who truly loves what they do then I would definatly look no further and contact Mama Mia Weddings and talk to owner/wedding planner Tom Gray.

Just a quick bonus review about the holiday as a whole too! The holiday was very well organized Tom had found us hotels that were just truly amazing especially for a wedding party. We had our wedding party split between 3 very nice hotels that were all right next to one another and they were in a great location. The Kentrikon Boutique Hotel was one of the hotels of which we and our guests were staying in. Everything about the hotel was amazing the breakfast the staff were lovely and always very helpful and welcoming. The Kentrikon had a very large, very elegant outside patio that could accommodate our whole wedding party and definatly more and it was a perfect place to meet and get drinks and to lounge out in the evenings. Tom showed us to a lot of great restaurants, bars, lounges that always managed to suit the needs of our group of 28. During the days he wanted to always make sure our guests were okay and enjoying themselves and he was super knowledgeable of the area to point us in the right direction for private beaches and little coves and great seascape views!!

The whole week everyone was there Tom performed very well always on top of any requests and always ensuring that our guests were comfortable he gave great advice and showed us some very cool places that we would not have found on our own!!

We hope our review helps you make a decision on your wedding.

Thanks, Phoebe & Davey Wright

Wales UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: MAMMA MIA, weddings in Pelion, Greece

W Mike Lock - Father of the Bride

The wedding of Carl & Lesley, Papa Nero Beach, Pelion, Mouresi, Greece

4th July, 2012

The following is my personal testimonial regarding my daughter and son-in-law’s recent wedding in Agios Ioannis, Greece which was organised by Mamma Mia Weddings.

One cold winter’s night back in late Autumn 2011 my daughter phoned from Egypt to tell us the news of her engagement to Carl and that they were thinking of getting married in a sunny location in July 2012. They looked at Spain, Portugal but settled on Greece.

This was partly due to the breathtaking scenery, the predictability of the climate and also the use of a wedding planning service which was provided by Mamma Mia Weddings.

Our party of over 50 guests has just returned from this unbelievable event with memories, photos and films that will be cherished for ever and the day. Quite simply, it was worth every penny. Nothing was left to chance and the knowledge and resourcefulness of Tom (the wedding Planner) and Dimitris held no bounds. From our first step off the plane through to the last wave from the departure lounge.

Our guests had travelled from the UK & Australia with age ranges from 3 years through to the late fifties and believe me we all had a great time. Our accommodation was at three separate sites but within easy walking distance; so meeting up was never an issue. The resort is smallish, pretty, very close to three beaches (with crystal blue sea), and devoid of the usual fast food and pubs. Local and friendly restaurants are the order of the day and the prices were very reasonable too. The local “giros” was a massive success during the day.

There were numerous venues offered for staging the ceremony but the couple wanted an elegant “Wedding on the Beach” as opposed to a “Beach Wedding”. The beach setting was simply stunning and the work that had gone into the arrangements by the company was awesome. The dressing of the venue at Orea Ammoundia (5 metres from the beach) was gorgeous and the theme of Black & White was carried throughout the day and night. A short but tearful ceremony was followed by canapes, drinks and nibbles during the photographic stage that kept the guests amused. Live music was an important factor in the reception and Tom suggested we use a local band called “Funky 2 Strings” to play throughout, including the wedding service. And what a good choice. They were superb. Playing a diverse set from acoustic harmonies to rock’n roll, from dance to local greek songs. The vocals and musicianship was masterful. Everyone got up and danced.

The cuisine, the speeches, the fun all rolled into one glorious night enjoyed by the whole entourage. The end of the night held one big surprise - lighting the heart shaped chinese lanterns on the beach at midnight. What a touch! Then the fireworks! Wow.

There were so many pleasant surprises on our week of celebration from the “Baywatch” themed stag do to the “Greek Godess” themed Hen Party. All organised by Mamma Mia Weddings. Buses, boats, spa pampering, hair dresser, swimming, dining, karaoke, oh and a little tipple or two. No stone was left unturned.

A great BIG thanks to Tom Gray (our tremendous Wedding Planner), Dimitris, Violet and the rest of the staff at the Kentrikon for providing us with such a great welcome for our daughter’s wedding at Papa Nero beach. The affection and friendliness from one family to another embellished the occasion. The resort and the Papa Nero beach location were truly ideal and provided an intimate backdrop that graced the event. The local people and the businesses opened their arms to the whole wedding party and treated one and all like royalty, making each and every one of us feel so welcome during our stay. One complaint: we didn't stay long enough.

2. Re: MAMMA MIA, weddings in Pelion, Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:17
Get answers to your questions