We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Hello looking for suggestions for recommendation a Mexico wedding destination...beautiful settting, great water, food and golfing...any great experiences anyone would like to share? oh yes for September 2012!

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Have you considered the Playa del Carmen area? It is close to Cancun (so easy for traveling in and out of) but out of some of the Cancun chaos. Tickets from the US are reasonable. The beaches can be big resort beaches or secluded totally by yourself. I went looking through wedding videos (http://www.playaweddings.com/video.php) for ideas of where looked good for me -- sometimes photography doesn't tell the whole story. I liked that there were kind of all options available -- big resorts, quite beaches. Perhaps a good choice for you?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

My daughter was married at the Fairmont Mayakoba, about forty miles south of Cancun. The resort will not be like others that your guests may have visited and the management and staff were fabulous. You won't need a planner as the resort has a department that provides those services and your guests will love the place. We found that our guests were happier spending the travel dollars on a place they might choose for their own vacation (and some made a vacation out of the wedding) than they would have been had we selected a place that wasn't as nice.

Here is a link to my post about how we went about planning the wedding:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12292-k4311164…

A link to the Mayakoba website:

http://www.fairmont.com/mayakoba

My review is on Page 16 of TA reviews on the Fairmont Mayakoba:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Edited: 10 January 2012, 21:05
3. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2016, 18:58
London, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Hi,

Congratulations! I got married at Sandos Caracol Eco resort in Playa del Carmen. They did an outstanding job on our wedding. It was a perfect day all and the wedding itself was under $3000 with all the little extras (bloodwork, ministers cab, tips...). It was a huge resort but they made us feel like their most important guests that day. If you want details feel free to email me at careycu2@yahoo.ca

Have fun choosing!

Cathy

London, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Hi,

Congratulations! I got married at Sandos Caracol Eco resort in Playa del Carmen. They did an outstanding job on our wedding. It was a perfect day all and the wedding itself was under $3000 with all the little extras (bloodwork, ministers cab, tips...). It was a huge resort but they made us feel like their most important guests that day. If you want details feel free to email me at careycu2@yahoo.ca

Have fun choosing!

Cathy

London, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

Hi,

Have fun choosing!

Cathy

7. Re: looking for a wedding destination recommendation for mexico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions