We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Greece with Mamma Mia Weddings

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Weddings in Greece with Mamma Mia Weddings

http://www.mammamia-weddings.co.uk

Hi

My wife and I were recently married in Agios Ioannis, Pelion, Greece. We used the services of Mamma Mia Weddings (http://www.mammamia-weddings.co.uk), and I have to say – THEY WERE PHENOMENAL!!! Apparently, if you say you want to shout some news from the rooftops, you mean that you want to tell everyone about it because you are so excited. Well, this is me shouting about my experiences from the highest rooftop!!!

My wife and I decided early on that we wanted to be married abroad. We scoured the Internet looking for ideas and wedding planning services abroad, and to be honest, they all seemed pretty much the same and lacked the individual, personal touch. Don’t get me wrong, they all looked nice, but we didn’t want nice – we wanted WOW!!! In January 2011, we came across the Mamma Mia Weddings website (http://www.mammamia-weddings.co.uk). After exchanging a couple of emails with the wedding planner, and checking out photos both on the website and on Google Earth, we decided to use this company to plan our wedding.

THE WEDDING PLANNER – MAMMA MIA WEDDINGS

The service we received from Mamma Mia weddings and our wedding planner was nothing short of perfect, and I cannot commend the company highly enough. Tom (our wedding planner) was fantastic throughout the whole process. He developed a personalised wedding package which was tailored specifically to our needs. He understood our requirements, making sure that every little detail was planned to perfection. Moreover, Tom understood us as individuals, and treated us as such. From the outset, we felt like ours was the most important wedding that he had ever planned, and that we were the 2 most important people in his life. Apparently, the company never holds more than 1 wedding simultaneously (unlike wedding planners in the Greek Islands, which apparently can make it feel a little like a conveyor belt wedding). This means that for the duration of your stay, you have your wedding planner’s undivided attention. We had 53 guests attend our wedding, and every single one of them commented on how excellent the wedding planners were.

We were very specific in our requirements for the wedding day, and since the majority of our correspondence was through email, it meant we were able to provide Tom with pictures detailing our precise needs for the ceremony (at Papa Nero Beach) and reception (at a restaurant called Orea Ammoundia). In our minds eye, my wife and I dared to dream about what our perfect wedding would look like, never truly believing it would happen.

STEP FORWARD MAMMA MIA WEDDINGS – THE DREAM DELIVERER!!!

Imagine the moment before you wake up, when you’re not quite sure whether you’re dreaming or whether you’re awake. You think you’re awake because you can see and hear people talking around you and to you, and you can feel the heat of the sun, smell the sea salt and hear the crunch of the sand beneath your shoes; but you can’t really be awake because the scene in front of you is just too perfect!! Or can you...

Mamma Mia Weddings didn’t just deliver our dream wedding, they went well beyond what we even thought was possible!! In my opinion, they have set the benchmark so high that other companies that (claim to) provide a similar wedding planning service abroad will simply never come close.

THE AREA – AGIOS IOANNIS, PELION

We visited the area in May 2011 so that we could see for ourselves where our special day would take place. If we weren’t sufficiently wowed by the pictures on the internet, then we certainly were when we arrived!! It is almost like God has taken a little piece of Heaven and has hidden it away on the east coast of Greece. It is the single most beautiful place I have ever visited in my life. The breath-taking scenery, the stunning natural beauty, the vivid range of colours, and the contrast between the magnificent lush greens of the mountains on one side, and the glistening shades of the blue Aegean waters on the other. It was pure, simple perfection, and left us in no doubt that we had chosen the right place to get married.

When we were in Agios Ioannis this year, we felt like celebrities!! Everyone knew that we were the couple who were getting married, and people were stopping us on the streets to give us their best wishes. We were even presented with gifts from some of the restaurant owners!! The locals are some of the friendliest people ever, and truly couldn’t do enough for us. We experienced the real Greece, with real Greek hospitality, real Greek cuisine, and real Greek fun!!

THE ACCOMODATION – BOUTIQUE HOTEL KENTRIKON

As I mentioned above, there were 53 guests at our wedding, the majority of whom stayed at the family-run Boutique Hotel Kentrikon. The hospitality we received from all of the staff at the hotel was simply faultless, and all of our guests were made to feel like they were part of the family. For a more detailed review of the hotel (including pictures), please check out the reviews on TripAdvisor, or the hotel’s website - http://www.bungalows-kentrikon.com/en .

Overall, if you are planning on getting married abroad, you need look no further than Mamma Mia weddings. If you have any doubts, just ask yourself these simple questions:

* Do I want to get married somewhere absolutely stunning, with the most amazing natural beauty and breathtaking landscapes?

* Do I want a truly personalized experience, where the wedding planner will treat us as individuals, and will plan a custom made wedding that is tailored specifically to our needs?

* Do I want a wedding that all of our family and friends will be talking about for years to come?

* Do I want a wedding that we can look back on happily, with special memories that we can cherish and treasure for the rest of our life?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, then I think you may just have found the perfect wedding planner for your perfect day!!

TIPS

* DO visit the area if you have the chance, before the wedding. I have no doubt that you will instantly fall in love with the area, and any doubts you may have about getting married in Pelion will be quashed before you even reach your hotel!!

* DO trust Tom to do the best for you. Believe me when I say that this is a guy with the most amazing ideas, who is surrounded by the most amazing local people, who will ensure that you have the most amazing wedding.

* DO book your wedding with Mamma Mia weddings!!

* DON’T think that some things are too good to be true. Mamma Mia weddings delivered our dream wedding. Let them deliver your dream too :o)

http://www.mammamia-weddings.co.uk

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: Weddings in Greece with Mamma Mia Weddings

SO TRUE!!!!! Mamma Mia weddings went above and beyond for this wedding and it was....and will always be the most stunning and spectacular wedding I've been to! Tom and the rest of the staff at Mamma Mia weddings and the Hotel Kentrikon made not only the Bride and Groom, but all the guests feel as though it was the most special week of their lives and they really couldn't do enough for you, and always with a smile!! I could never thank them enough for all they did to make our week such a momentous experience and for making my Brother and his new Wifes wedding everything they could ever have possibly wanted. Would recommend Mamma Mia weddings, the destination and the Hotel to anyone wanting the dream wedding.

2. Re: Weddings in Greece with Mamma Mia Weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions