We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget-minded Carribean Wedding - Is it possible?

Columbus, OH
7 posts
Save Topic
Budget-minded Carribean Wedding - Is it possible?

I have investigated various hotels and wedding packages in Grand Cayman and Punta Cana. Neither island appears to have any offerings that meet my criteria. If the wedding is cheap, the room is very expensive. If the room is cheap, the wedding is outrageous.

Budget

$1,500 per week accommodations for two (2 weeks wanted)

$850 for wedding services for 9 people (ceremonial - we have license)

Total $3,850

Can it be done? Suggestions?

Boston
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget-minded Carribean Wedding - Is it possible?

Did you look at the El Dorado Royale in the Cancun area of Mexico as an alternative to an island location? Just a suggestion. Our daughter is planning that now and for 9 people, which I think fits their most affordable level, this might work for you. We as her parents are looking at very decent rooms for about $1500 a week and its an all inclusive, adults only place.

You could maybe try asking under the TA sites by island and see what comes up for suggestions since those sites get way more hits on them than this one does.

2. Re: Budget-minded Carribean Wedding - Is it possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 18:18
Get answers to your questions