We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casual Destination Wedding

Virignia Beach
2 posts
Save Topic
Casual Destination Wedding

I'm beginning to plan my wedding and looking for a caribbean destination that is more of a rustic/casual resort rather than a typical all-inclusive place. Do the resorts help you coordinate travel for a group of people? Is it best to use travelocity or cheap caribbean to find the deals, or use the resort reservations directly? Any help would be great!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

Hi amy.................................................The CocoBay Resort in Bolans, Antigua has the "rustic" feel you mention.......the resort may help you co-ordinate group travel, but I would speak directly with a reputable local travel agent too......speak to the resort about the wedding plans though......Trip Advisor has many great reviews and candid traveler photos of this property if you care to read through some of them.........

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

Hi

You may want t check out Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana

Although it is an AI it does have a very rustic feel to it and it is a very laid back sort of place

If you checkout my review you will find a link to a large photo album of the property

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147293-d6…

They are now in the final stage of an expansion plan where they have added some extra rooms, etc

Shenzhen, China
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

The postings are very unique and also outstanding performance with the new creativity and Excellency with the new different ideas and concepts. Anyway, thanks a lot for making this post available to us.

Virignia Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

Thank you! I'm trying to find the most affordable for my guests and I'm super overwhelmed! I'll look at it! Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

In that case Zoetry may not be a suitable option as it is not cheap

Have you thought about hiring a villa / condo to try and keep the cost down that way???

What sort of budget are you working to and for how many nights???

Edited: 25 October 2013, 12:03
Shenzhen, China
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

An outdoor wedding will be more romantic, people can feel the magic of nature, I love it.

7. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 14:35
Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,070 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

There are a number of smaller, independent properties in Negril, Jamaica and it's common to for them to host weddings. Think about defining your target budget, how many people and the types of room configurations you'll need (e.g. will entire families be coming with their kids?), time of year (prices fluctuate), etc, then try posting to the Negril forum.

San Pedro, Belize...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

Sunny Greetings from Belize, Amy :)

There are several options in Belize that would suit your needs. I work with a bride to help them find the perfect location in the country, then we tailor each element to your needs. I also handle all the travel for all your guests as some may want to stay in belize longer, some shorter than others - but all want to have a great vacation.

my motto is "i take of everything for you and your guests from the minute you land in belize, until the minute you leave" :)

Also, we dont have any mega resorts, all our properties are boutique resorts and we have several great options with thatch roofed cabana's on the beach...which is what i'm thinking for you. Rustic chic beach elegance :)

if you want more information about a wedding in belize, let me know!

all the best

Lara

10. Re: Casual Destination Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 23:05