We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Holiday

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
October Holiday

Looking for a holiday destination (nothing extortionate) for circa 7-12 October but have no idea where to go. Just want to get away for a special birthday celebration, relax in the sun without the fear of it raining. I'm not well travelled so any ideas/recommendations of places to go would be appreciated. Thank you in advance :-)

7 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Holiday

This is a worldwide English speaking forum and we have no idea where you are based. This is why it’s a really good idea to add your location to your profile, it saves us guessing.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Holiday

Sorry I didn't realise. I'm from York, England..

Italy
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October Holiday

Five days with no fear of rain? I think your best bet is one of the Canary islands.

Five days is too short for a longer flight . Mainland Europe you'll have a higher risk of rain and cooler temps.

If all you want is beach weather then Fuerteventura would fit. It's still a fair flight. It would be better IMHO if you had a few more days.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October Holiday

Great now we know.

Like #3 suggests your best bet is any of the Canary Islands. You could also look at Cyprus, Malta or southern Spain. In October weather should still be quite warm.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Holiday

We went for a birthday celebration to Lanzarote at the end of November. The weather was great, warm enough to wear just tee shirts and shorts and even have a dip in the sea.

I think, from recent weather reports, that the Canaries is a better winter destination up until December, but not so much after that.

Puerto Del Carmen has a lovely long seafront promenade and plenty of bars/restaurants/shops, and lovely cliff top walk to Puero Calero.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
9,548 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October Holiday

October in Croatia is pure magic...usually warm and loaded with intriguing food festivals such as pršut, chestnut, white truffles...last October was warm and dry and glorious! Have been there the last ten Octobers or so.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
67,859 posts
460 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October Holiday

I would look at the Canaries, Malta and southern Spain first. Then Italy and Portugal.

Reply to: October Holiday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted