We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trusting viator/get your guide??

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Trusting viator/get your guide??

Hi,

I am going on a 2 month holiday to Europe this year and have quite a few day tours and attractions/activities that I want to book. After going to a few travel agents, prices seem to be much more expensive with agents than online. Can anyone give me some advice on where I can book day trips and 'skip the line' kind of tickets? Viator and get your guide seem great and affordable but reviews are hit and miss.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

1 reply
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
123 reviews
1. Re: Trusting viator/get your guide??

Travel Agents here in Australia would just charge you a fee for bookings which you could do yourself. Viator just resell tours and things so why not find the website of the actual local company running the tour and book directly with them. Most attractions, museums etc have their own official website and with many you can book online on their own site. For example, The Louvre in Paris, you can book online to avoid the lines:-

https://www.louvre.fr/en/online-tickets

Which attractions are you planning on visiting?

I’ve never booked tours for things in Europe. I preferred to research it a bit and organise things myself. Much cheaper and gave me more flexibility.

Reply to: Trusting viator/get your guide??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted