We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goldcar - A total SCAM !!

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Goldcar - A total SCAM !!

Hello everyone,

I want to share with you a very bad experience I had with the car company GOLDCAR.

Facts : We made a reservation via Internet for a car in January (rental in Barcelona for 7 days). At that time, we paid a Goldcar partner, DoYouSpain 84€ for the rent. (the average price out of season, which is the case).

Arrived at the GOLDCAR rental agency, the agent told us :

- that with our debit card he wasn't able to take the Guarantee and

- that he had no choice to make us pay the higher insurance (the pretty sum of 288 euros for 7 days (they made us take the insurance without giving the choice).

The scam can be demonstrate by 2 evidences:

- The confirmation email (of the partner DOYOUSPAIN) does not announce these conditions, and constitute indeed a hidden defect.

- Goldcar itself announce the contrary of what told us the agent in Barcelona :

=> https://www.goldcarhelp.com/fr/faqs/recogida…

Dear friends,

RUN AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE CAR COMPANY !!

1 reply
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goldcar - A total SCAM !!

I make reference to GOLDCAR contract service bought through Rentalcars.com reference number . Upon arrival at FCO I went to Goldcar desk. A Goldcar employee who did not want to be identified did the following to me:

1) Stated that the insurance I bought from Rentalcars.com did not work with Goldcar. Therefore my car was not insured.

2) Started pushing me tyo buy a new insurance for EURO 99

3) When I denied buying the insurance, he started warning me about how dangerous is to drive without insurance

4) I clearly stated that I was not going to buy anything else that what I had. The Goldcar employee started to say that I was being impolite.

5) The Goldcar employee offered me a car of a lower category that what I booked and I said that I booked a Renault Captur or similar. The Goldcar employee kept on saying that I was being impolite.

6) The Goldcar employee offered me a Renault Captur diesel and he asked me for an extra 4 euros per day. I said that I wanted to get what I paid for without any extra charge. He said “keep it or leave it”.

7) The Goldcar employee decided that I was not polite so he refused to rent me the car. He asked his fellows the Goldcar employees whether I was impolite or not and they all agree that I was impolite.

8) The Goldcar employee said that since my contract was with Rentalcars.com, Goldcar had no obligation to honor it.

9) I bent down on my knees in front of the Goldcar desk in order to get the car. It was already over one hour that I was waiting to get the car I paid for.

10) Amongst GOLDCAR employees they were still deciding whether – as an impolite customer – I was entitled to get the car.

11) I finally got the car after 80 minutes of public humiliation.

Reply to: Goldcar - A total SCAM !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted