We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Escape Travel

Aylesbury Vale...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Super Escape Travel

This is just about the worst company I have ever used. If you want a hassle free booking DO NOT USE SUPER ESCAPES.......they are totally incompetent. They mislead you into booking extras you don't need and they charge you more when it's not necessary. Their complaint procedure is non-existent......with numerous and very long conversations and emails, on our part, are a complete waste of time. We are left feeling completely insulted and it's totally spoilt the memory of our holiday. Mr Mann, their Customer Relations Executive is totally inept and has only made matters worse. If you value your sanity please use any other company other than this one.

3 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,558 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Escape Travel

Did you check on them before you booked to see what other people’s experiences were or if there were any complaints about them?

What unnecessary extras did they get you to book? If their price was more than on other sites was there a reason you chose to book with them? Was this done over the phone and they kept pressuring you, or was the booking done online on their website?

You can type Superescapes into the ‘Search All Forums for” search box on this forums homepage link below and browse the search results as lots of people seem to complain about them:- https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Aylesbury Vale...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Escape Travel

The booking was made over the phone. We rang for a quote and we're then totally pressurised by them. They said that their company policy was to ensure all their customers had the best holiday experience they could have and it was their duty to inform us that the standard room we were enquiring about was very basic. They recommened/persuaded us to pay a further £120 to upgrade our room to one that had a double bed, air conditioning and it's own balcony which the basic rooms didn't have. They were very persistent and kept on saying how much more we would enjoy the holiday as the basic rooms were just that. We said we'd think about it and call them back. About 5 mins after the call they rang us back and went through everything again but more persistently, unfortunately the agent was an Asian with a very broad accent and we had real difficulty in understanding him. Finally we agreed to paying the extra. When the confirmation email came he had spelt my name incorrectly and when I phoned them back another agent said that I would have to pay a further £50 for it to be corrected on the ticket, I complained repeatedly and after a few exchanges this fee was dropped. We thought that was the end of the problems. Howver, when we arrived at the hotel to check in we asked about our upgrade and was assured that all the 450 rooms in the hotel we're the same, they all had a double and a single bed in them, they all had air conditioning and they all had balconies, the only difference was whether the room faced the pool or the sea. We asked to see the travel company's rep but one couldn't be found. The hotel was in fact great, food, rooms and staff etc we're very good, couldn't fault any of that and we did enjoy our holiday there. When we arrived home and complained to the travel company about the upgrade they were less than helpful and after two weeks of communicating with them the offered us discount vouchers to the value of £20 between us to be used against our next holiday booked with them. They have to be joking!!! We're still in dispute with this company and it's a matter of principle now more than anything else. This company are unethical, misleading and totally inept.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,558 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Escape Travel

After they talked about upgrading (sounds like they were awfully pushy) did you look on that hotels own official website or on hotel booking sites to check and verify about this better rooom and what it included? That would have alerted you that there was no difference in rooms and their upgrade talk was incorrect.

Sounds like they are dreadful to deal with and are pushy to try and cut through people’s defences and force them into booking stuff quickly without stopping for a moment to check elsewhere about their claims.

I never book anything over the phone. Once they have you hooked it’s difficult to get out of things so you basically feel pressured and just say yes. They are in sales so I guess they must try and push as hard as they can and hope people just go along with it. Those high pressure tactics happen in all kinds of businesses. I get flustered on the phone and hate anyone pushing me so I always book things online so I am in more control and can stop and check around elsewhere. Have a think overnight, then book what I want.

Hope you get a decent resolution from them.

Reply to: Super Escape Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted