We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Victoria, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Our family traveled with Expat Explore (based in London), on their 12 Day Europe Escape coach tour this past April and we had a fantastic time!

The trip itinerary was just as outlined on their website http://expatexplore.com, leaving from London, England and traveling through France (Paris & Macon), Switzerland (Grund-Grindelwald), Italy (Pisa, Florence and Venice), Germany (Munich & Boppard), Holland (Amsterdam), and Belgium (Brugge) before returning to London. Three free days (in Paris, the Swiss Alps and Venice) allowed us time to explore the sites at our own pace. Hint: A trip up to Jungfraujock in Switzerland is a MUST especially if the weather is clear.

We traveled with our two teenage children (13 & almost 15 years) who managed to keep up to this fast paced tour (no sleeping in on this vacation!). It was a fairly demanding schedule with lots of walking each day. Hint: choose comfort over fashion when packing your shoes. In addition to seeing all the sites, I think one of the best parts of this tour was knowing that we didn’t have to do anything - just sit back and enjoy ourselves. We didn’t have to worry about finding accommodation or making travel arrangements in multiple cities; it was all done for us.

The tour guides and driver (Simone, Cris & Tommy) were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our fellow coach-mates ranged in age from their early twenties to mid-fifties (from around the globe) and made the trip all the more interesting; it was a fun group, but not too outrageous.

We found the modern coach to be comfortable and the accommodations clean and well located. There was a good mix of free time, guided tours and scenic driving (some days the drive was quite long, but it was broken up with rest stops and lunch breaks). All breakfasts and many dinners were included in the package price. This tour is excellent value for those with wanting to sample many of Europe’s major sites on a moderate budget.

167 replies to this topic
KL
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

really appreciated tht....thanx a lot :D

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

This review was very helpful. I'm interested in booking their Europe Escape tour as well. Even though you travelled months ago, I really appreciated the detail and that you answered some questions I was wondering about too.

If you're still checking in, what was the food and drink like in the various places you visited? Anything to try or anything to avoid?

To gauge how much things cost, what would 10 Euros get you?

Any must-have souvenirs to get?

New Delhi, India
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Hey..

Just returned from the 12 days europe escape trip in December with expat explore..had the most awesome time ever..very well organized trip...with excellent accommodation, food and company...no 'hidden costs'...recommended to everyone!!!

London
Level Contributor
220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

hi' can you tell me what the accomodaton was like and how early the tour starts everyday. Also, what was the average age of the other passengers. Thanks.

Gahanna, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Hi, I just found Expat Explore tour group on the net and thinking about the Europe Escape tour for June 2012 with many family/friends and my brother who is a walking quadriplegic. We would be pushing him in a wheelchair most of the trip. Do you think this group can accomodate his special needs (first floor hotel) etc.? This seems like not the normal run of the mill group and we would like to work with them. Any insight on quality of hotels/meals, etc. Have you toured with other groups to compare? Thanks so much for the feedback.

Gahanna, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Did you go on the Expat Explore trip? What was your feedback?

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

Hi There,

I am planning to go Europe in May and was looking at the tour packages from Expat Explore for the 12 days Europe Escape as well since the dates match well with my trip.

Was wandering if the room sharing are double or quad?

Would it be likely possible for them to postpone the dates if they do not have enough participants?

How long does it take to travel using the ferry from London-Dover-Paris?

Thanks!

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

hi,

it is requested to help me out about my Guided tour to europe. i want to start my tour From LONDON and End at LONDON between July 5th and july 19.i want to visit Uk, Italy, France, Swizerland. Please advised me about the complete package including Price. (Family Package of 2 persons)

Regards,

Muhammad Sharif

Port of Spain...
5 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

You did not mention the accommodation. What was it like? How many persons to a room? Were there professionals in your group or just ordinary folks?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape

I like the look of the twelve day tour, but can somebody answer the following:

* What is the typical demographic of the trip? People have said the trips are made up of people of all ages, but what what is the ratio of younger to older?

* I assume the "compulsory food fund" is a one-time payment!

* Can you just show up at their office to book, or is this only for admin?

* Will they give you exact hotel details before you book?

Reply to: Expat Explore - 12 Day Europe Escape
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted