We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Has anyone actually received a refund from Lowcostholidays.com following the failure of Kiss Flights?

I was booked to go to Sharm in August with my sons and was not able to find alternative flights and so could not go. The last contact I had from Lowcostholidays was an email at the beginning of November suggesting I could expect something by Christmas. Needless to say I've received nothing.

Has anyone had more luck than I?

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

This was posted on the Lowcostholidays blog yesterday:

Dear Customer,

lowcostholidays is doing everything it can and has a dedicated team processing refunds for Goldtrail, Kiss Flights and Viking Airlines bookings. We have been working with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and our Insurers to process refunds for over 10,000 customers and a large number have already been refunded.

We sincerely apologise for the delay in completing all of the refunds but we are unfortunately in the hands of our insurance company and the CAA. Please be assured that all customers will receive 100% of their money back. We are hopeful that all refunds will be processed by the end of February 2011.

If you would like to speak with a member of our dedicated refunds team to check the status of your refund, please email; for Kiss Flights and Viking Airlines – kissflights@lowcostholidays.com or for Goldtrail flights – goldtrailflights@lowcostholidays.com and we will do everything we can to process your refunds.

Yours sincerely

Lawrence Hunt

Chief Operating Officer

lowcostholidays.com

Rotherham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
52. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I am owed £3000 for 2 holdays one with goldtrail and one with kiss had the same promises as everyone eise but no money yet, was told on 4 jan would recive accomodation and transfer money in 15 to 20 days but still waiting,

Kettering, United...
1 post
Save Reply
53. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I am absolutly disgusted that I am yet to get a refund I was one of the 1st people it affected I even booked another holiday at a lot more money with them so that i could take my family on holiday as they stated 8- 10 weeks for the refund.

I had even booked this summers holiday with them. It s been 6 months now and I have herd some people have got an emails and they are getting a refunds within days. what is going on, Do I have to go to the courts to see my money back??????

Sunderland, United...
1 post
Save Reply
54. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I am gobsmacked to say the least, i was just about to phone the company to see where my refund is ....... after reading everyones stories i dont see the point. i will never go with this company again and i will make sure word goes around anyone i know who is thinking of booking a holiday not to go with this company!!!!!!! I am waiting for £1800 off them and all i get off them is 2 to 3 weeks.... and they have been telling me that since November, if i dont recieve a payment by the end of febuary i will be contacting papers tv shows anything i possibly can to get the word out on this company!

u.k.
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I too am waiting for a holiday refund from August when Kiss Flights stopped trading. I am sick and tired of emailing and writing letters to Lowcostholidays each time to be told 2-3 weeks. I have also been in touch with CAA who just put me through to a general claims recorded message.

Anyone any ideas how we get our money back? If someone has been paid out can they post a message.

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

After sending an email to the address suggested in Lawrence Hunt's blog post, which I also copied to Mr Hunt, I have received two emails in response.

The first from Lawrence Hunt, COO of Lowcostholidays, telling me he would look into my case and have somebody let me know when my refund be paid. That was first thing this morning. At lunchtime I received another telling me that my refund had been processed and will be in my account in a few days.

I will post again if the money actually arrives.

It looks like enough pressure and getting through to the right person did the trick.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

good luck please let all of us who have been waiting for 5months plus if you get your refund,it will give us hope if you do. Janet

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I totally agree,I will never use Low cost holidays ever again. I would rather pay more for a holiday at the high street travel shops than these so called cheep web sites.

Janet

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I was the second poster here. I have just received my money back re the Goldtrail collapse, after seven months of waiting. I don't think its any use ringing the aftersales number you are given out 01342 305644 - its a call centre and I'm not convinced it is at the address in East Grinstead or even in the UK. Someone down in East Grinstead must know - are they really there?? Or is it just a small office and most of their business is done out of the Country? I was promised from this call centre my hotel and transfer money and told to give it 20 working days. This payment was not made but I posted here and was asked to provide my information to Low Cost again. Then I received an email saying I would be refunded in full and I have been (£24 short). I think we all have to keep publicising, go on the Low Cost blog etc etc. They are now paying out gradually but only I am convinced because of all the bad publicity we are giving them. I will never use them again, and will always in future book using a credit card so that I can claim back through that. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Liverpool, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Glad to hear your nightmare is over! Thanks for your input and support. I still have not had a reply of any sort after over 40 attempts at communication with them. I am hopeful though, that they are obviously dredging through the masses of claims they must have?

Get answers to your questions