We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Has anyone actually received a refund from Lowcostholidays.com following the failure of Kiss Flights?

I was booked to go to Sharm in August with my sons and was not able to find alternative flights and so could not go. The last contact I had from Lowcostholidays was an email at the beginning of November suggesting I could expect something by Christmas. Needless to say I've received nothing.

Has anyone had more luck than I?

highlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

hi

i too recieved an e mail from low cost holidays saying we would be refunded for our flights to sharm in september by christmas.

well christmas has came and went and still no refund. i have e mailed there operations department a few times and havent even recieved a reply. can anyone give any advice on what to do next. we could really use the cash at the moment. thanks

highlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

thank you for your advice surfheadz. i will be contacting ciga. am also contacting watchdog. maybe they will be able to offer some help to all of us who are suffering because of this terrible company and warn others of them.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

It definitely is worth sending all details to the online answers email address at Low Cost - the next paragraph is from their blog:

The standard email address for logging claims has been issued by our COO Lawrence Hunt. If you would like to escalate your claim please send an email, with full booking reference and details of your claim, to onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com.

Once I sent my info to this they did email me back within 4 days, saying my account would be credited but to allow 7/10 working days. It arrived on the 9th working day! I am sure they are only paying out now because of all the bad publicity - they really deserve Watchdog to report on them. Good luck.

highlands
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

i intend to contact watchdog tomorrow jim. not only are we having trouble with them not paying back for our flights but we also had trouble whilst on holiday. when we arrived at our hotel they had cancelled our booking and we were left sitting in the hotel lobby for ten and a half hours

UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Just to finish the subject off from my point of view. I received my refund shortly after getting a notification email but it was light just over forty pounds. Something a few others had experienced. This is the credit charge which when I queried it was also refunded, so don't let it go, chase for that as well.

This whole business has been a horrible experience but it's over for me now. I really do hope everyone else gets a satisfactory result as well. It seems that if you can actually get their attention Lowcostholidays will take notice. In my case I escalated to threats of legal action by letter and posted replies to items on the Lowcostholidays blog as well as sending stuff to every other email address I could find all of which are listed in this thread, the CAA and Watchdog as well. When Lawrence Hunt put his name on the blog I CC'd him on emails from then on. So keep the pressure on and it does look like you'll get your money back

Eastbourne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
86. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I am very pleased to say that I to have received my refund from lowcost holidays. After countless e-mails I decided to take the advice offered on this forum and e-mailed onlineanswers@lowcostholidays.com also

kissflights@lowcostholidays.com quoting this travel forum. I think it is the only way to get your refund. I e-mailed Saturday evening received no reply,

so was very surprised when I checked my bank account to find that I had been refunded in full. There is hope after all!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Have read the emails about Kiss Flights/Lowcostholidays. Have to say that we, a group of twenty, are still waiting for our refund! Like others we had emails 2-3 weeks then more emails saying the same thing. We have been waiting since August 2010 and feel we have been more than patient. We want our money back.

What do we do now? Threaten legal action, Watchdog? Who's the Chief Exec and how do we find how to email him.

u.k.
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

Hi, Just to give you all hope - I too received refund direct into my bank tonight. It was short by £30 approx. but I have sent a further email asking for the balance. I didn't get any notification of this but last week after emailing the onlineanswers website I received a reply the following day apologising and stating that I would be in the next batch this week and I was!!!

I am sure that everyone will be getting a refund - maybe they got in more staff to deal with the situation

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
89. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

YES! Threaten to go to trading standards and also legal action. Also tell them you have been to Abta and Atol.

I did that on monday (when i posted first) and today i received an email saying they will be refunding me in FULL!

They say it will take 3 working days so hopefully this time next week ill be a bit richer!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Refund from Lowcostholidays.com after Kiss Flights failure

I have contacted Watchdog today regarding lowcost holidays.

I allso sent email to online answers 1 week ago but still no reply they are not fit to go on selling holidays to us poor people who save up all year for our anual holiday and then through no fault of our own can't even get our own money back. When I was offered a full refund last Aug I booked another holiday with Thompsons for April of this year on the understanding from lowcost that I would have my money back £1199 with in 8-12 weeks my balance for this years holiday is due on Sunday 13th Feb ,with out my refund back I wont be able to pay this so will be losing my deposit of £450 there goes another holiday and money. I wish I could speak to somebody from lowcost who would tell me the truth when and if I am getting my money.