We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Record Go car rental

Broadstairs Kent
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Record Go car rental

Recently use a car hire firm in Alicante Spain Called Record go, this was arranged through Holiday Autos. We hired the car for a week. On picking up the car it was dented and in poor condition, we were also charged 90 Euros for petrol. We only used just over a quarter of a tank when we asked for a refund on the petrol we didnt use, but was told we couldnt have one. If people are looking to hire a car abroad check the fuel policy as we got caught out with this. Would never use Record Go again as we found them to be terrible for service and a rip off.

315 replies to this topic
Tiverton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Record Go car rental

Unfortunately in Spain full to empty this is general practice, with some firms you can get the fairer full to full that we used to have if three days or less this rip off and the terms of the insurance has now stopped me having a hire car. They will also try and sell you extra insurance that does not cover allot of the things that are not covered by the general insurance

Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Record Go car rental

I used RecordGO in Malaga in 2010 for a three day rental and did a 'full to full" with no problems. The staff at the rental desk were very friendly and made loads of suggestions for what to see and do on our itinerary. The car could have been in better condition but it was still good value for money. I often rent from smaller local lower priced rental companies like RecordGo in different countries and found that you really have to read all of the fine print in the rental agreement to be able to do 'apples for apples' comparisons. The rental rate is very misleading - it is all about the extras - no matter who you rent from.

belfast
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Record Go car rental

We booked a rental via ECONOMYCARRENTALS (Greeek-LISTED) for a week-end break in Algarve/Faro.

We got our rental from "INTERNATIONAL CAR".

We checked our car for damages before we set off, but failed to noticed that the black hole in the passenger-side door should be a cilinder-lock! Who would??? When we wanted to leave back the car the first thing the woman "noticed" was the missing cilinder. She immediately called for her partner (Mr Muscle) and told us , although there were no scratches or anything, that we were to pay for it!

When asked, she immediately was able to qoute :400 EURO.

Knowing that we did not have much time, because Easy-jet does not wait, we had to pay.

When we then, at home, allerted Economycarrentals they replied that we should have read the conditions and that they never had any problems with INTERNATIONAL CAR at all. We now read via tripadvisor that this INTERNATIONAL CAR had been mentioned before, so you can figure what our recommendations for both INTERNATIONAL CAR and ECONOMYCARRENTALS will be!

T&C BELFAST

Edited: 23 November 2011, 21:27
Leicester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Record Go car rental

DO NOT EVER RENT FROM THESES COWBOYS!!!

Rude, arrogant and rubbish filthy cars. I had hired a Ford Focus, and they tries to pass me off with a TATA, a cheap Indian car that was just disgusting.

There was a queue of unhappy people, msotly upset by the hard sell of the extra "insurance". If you broke down due to their shoddy cars they expect you to pick up the tab.

TOP ADVICE... STEER WELL CLEAR

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Record Go car rental

Record Go? Rubbish and Renting pieces of junk. Luckily we only rented for a day, otherwise we would also have been slapped with the 90 euro fuel bill. But the car was filthy, dented. The brakes made noise. Luckily I took pictures of all dents and scratches before I took the car out, they saw what I did and knew they could not rip me off. I made notes of all that was missing, like the cigarette lighter, and boot flap, and the noisy brakes. I rented with Sixt and Auriga Crown before and they were miles better. These companies are reputable and was willing to upgrade us to a bigger car, FREE of charge. Record Go? No go for me again, I'm afraid.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Record Go car rental

We hired record car through DoYouSpain, Car broke down, had keep on ringing record to replace. Spent 22euros on calls. No car for 48 hours, no refund and no replies to 3 emails to record and 2 to doyouspain, Avoid both

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Record Go car rental

We had the most crap nissan note, dump, no central locking, gear box done, full of dent and bumps, the worst car hire ive ever had and cost near to £500 for 2 weeks including all the extras.... car not even worth what we paid for the hire and staff hardly spoke english!!! Never ever again.....

Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Record Go car rental

I had rented car for two weeks with RecordGo. Pickup and check-in in Alicante. I had received almost new Citroen C3, diesel, as requested. Staff was nice as I was nice to them. I chose to buy full insurance - I had different experiences with scratches and other misfortunes before and such insurance always solves all. Fuel had been tanked, I paid, left remains for like 90km. Car was simply economical ;) Having experiences with all other rental companies, I cannot say bad word for RecordGo in Alicante. Car pickup - smooth, leave- smooth. Car cleaness and reliability - full. As my fiends had came some 5 days after me and one of them was to be second driver, we signed documents upon their arrival. Employee had asked us if we rae aware that we need to pay for this. Sure- we knew it. We filled documents, gave credit card. As nice gesture - clerck of RecordGo had returned it and had said, that this time it will be free service ;)

I think all experiences with car rentals just depend how do we, as customers behave towns employees. If we are nice, prepared for rental - I mean, knowing rules, then usually everything works fine.

Next year, for holiday, I choose RecordGo.. I cannot see reasons for overpaying in other companies.

Kent
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Record Go car rental

Whole-heartedly agree with most of these. Wish I'd read them before I booked.

It took as long to get the car as it did to fly to Spain. Everyone ahead of me in the queue was complaining at the various additional charges they were required to pay, and there were only a couple of staff to mete out these surprises. I was fortunate to be third in the queue, but when we were eventually served, it had grown significantly and the people were becoming restless. We were told vaguely the location of the "Mercedes equivalent" which was hard to track down and it was now approaching one in the morning. The car was a Tata, and when we stumbled across its "Go Record" twin while out driving one day there was much mutual pointing, thumb-raising and hilarity between the respective occupants - like two related families in bumper cars. I wonder whether their air-conditioning was equally useless and whether the car was as awkward to drive and in as poor condition as ours. I actually felt quite attached to the heap of junk when we left it, but suspected that these pearls of driving excellence were saved for stroppy Brits daring to question the integrity of the Go Record staff. Be nice to them or you'll get the Tata. Be nice even when they charge the additional insurance and the 78 euros for the petrol. It's there in the contract to be fair, but the whole renting-a-car abroad-thing is seemingly a necessary evil. It's like being pick-pocketed in the airport concourse ... at least it get's it out the way early. There are probably good companies out there, it's just that this one is most probably not one of them.

paris
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Record Go car rental

just back from malaga where we rented a car with this company thru rentalcars.com : after queuing for one hour it took us 1H40 to get the car : the voucher was not the good one, they don't have internet at the desk, very rude etc... the lady left the desk because she didn't wan't to talk with us ! they asked us for an insurance otherwise they would take 400 euros for guarantee + ask 68 euros for gazoline !!!!!

don't even think of hiring there : and to finish with, they don't give you the papaers of the car, so you travel with your contract - invoice !

Reply to: Record Go car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted