We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Places to travel to in February.

Brighton
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best Places to travel to in February.

I am planning a week holiday between 17th and 23rd February 2014. As I have never been outside of Europe, I would like to travel outside of Europe. Where would be the best places to travel to, taking into account the time of year. I know the weather won't be great in a lot of places. My top choices would be USA, China, Japan, India or Thailand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cathryn

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,884 posts
5,897 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Hello CathrynSimmons11,

Welcome to the holiday travel forum.

If you could provide more information this would greatly improve the forum members and contributors ability to provide thoughts. What is your budget, how far are you willing to travel and where would you be flying from? Also, what are you wanting to do during holiday? Museums, mountains, skiing, beaches, water sports, etc....?

Will offer thoughts once we know a bit more about you and your travel interests.

Brighton
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Hi BradJill,

Thank you for your response.

I would be travelling from the UK, and I am willing to travel quite far. I would say Australia is too far for a week holiday, but Asia would be fine.

With regards to the type of holiday, I would like to go somewhere that I can do a bit of sightseeing and experience a different culture. Museums, beaches, water sports are good. I would prefer to go somewhere hot rather than a skiing holiday. It doesn't need to be scorching, just nice enough to go outside and enjoy the scenery.

At the moment I do not have a budget.

Thanks a lot,

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,884 posts
5,897 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Warm/not in February probably means the mid tropics as even the lower Temperate zone locations like Hong Kong are quite cool in February.

Let me suggest Singapore to you as you can get direct flights from London. There are plenty of good enough museums, excellent food, modern and innovative new attractions liek the Gardens by the Bay, the world's best zoo (Singapore Zoo), one of the world's best orchid centres and botanical gardens as well. Singapore has a lovely skyline and marina areas and beach opportunities on Sentosa Island (Singapore) and Bintan Island (Indonesia - reachable by ferry). It might be just what you are seeking.

Here is a trip list of our top choice attractions in Singapore to give you a feel for what is possible there.

Singapore Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i36764-Singapor…

Hope this is useful.

4. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 14:00
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Hello,

As you are considering about Asia, Nepal could be nice place for you. Unfortunately, we don't have beach, it will be quite cold in February and there is not direct flight from UK to Nepal. Nepal is one of the beautiful countries in south Asia. Nepal has many places for sightseeing, cultural tour, museum, National park and many more. As we have many mountains, you can do scenic flight every morning to see close view of Mt Everest and many more. Beside these things Nepal is popular for trekking and Adventure activities and many more.

Jaipur City...
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Well ,Best palace to travel in Fabruary optional you have Asia would be fine ,because temprecher could be quite cold ,North india or sri lanka could be best option

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Hi Cathryn, I often go away for a week of Sunshine around February, like you I like to mix culture/sightseeing with a day or two on the beach. My favourite places so far have been Goa and Kenya (both approx 9 hour flights) and Mexico and South Africa (11 hour flights). I have also been to Singapore and Bangkok but flight time that much longer, still fabulous though! All these places are lovely and warm in Feb :) Next year I am going to try Northern India at this time.

Jaipur City...
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Well ,North india basicly Golden Tringle tour could be cover in 5 days & Rajasthan tour could be cover in 7 days depend how is your entrest about fort & palace because Delhi {National capital} & Agra {Tajmahal ,Jaipur[Pinkcity } three destination are Golden tringle ,Delhi ,Bikaner via Mandawa ,jaisalmer{desert safari} jodhpur{fort & geep safari} Udaipur {Boat ride in lake palace} Jaipur { Elephent safari} could be all in 10 to 11 days

Have a nice tour

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

I would highly suggest Malaysia - Langkawi or Thailand as the weather is really amazing with the min chances of rain at this month.

Good Luck

Jaipur City...
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Places to travel to in February.

Well

Delhi { National capital & inter national Airport }

Agra { Tajmahal }

Ranthambor {Tigar safari}

Jaipur { pink city}