We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

Hi everyone,

I don't want a debate over the pitfalls or benefits of all inclusive (I've had that before).

I've searched to the nth degree for a place to go but can't decide or find anywhere that appeals.

Budget: £1k max per person

Duration: 10-11 nights

Type of holiday: sunny, not Egypt or Turkey. Near to a decent town with bars and restaurants we can go to a few times. We don't really use the beach do pool is more important.

I've looked at Crete, Cyprus, Teneriffe, Rhodes and a few other places.

Thanks everyone

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

The Lakitira Beach Resort and Village near the lively town of Kardamena, on Kos might be a fit...they have the added option of both half board and full board....the reviews of the resort here on TA are very favourable............I also suggest you look into Club Med Resorts......they are all-inclusive and have locations worldwide.............here's the U.K. website link..

http://www.clubmed.co.uk

Edited: 11 April 2014, 02:39
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
5,748 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

If you are sold on all booking a AI package then why not call the travel agents and ask what they have available?

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,131 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

Tunisia? hammamet and Sousse have some OK cheapish AI hotels and a bit of nightlife in the towns.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

Did you get sorted for your holiday? 800 is roughly our budget too per person and it is a struggle to find somewhere decent. We paid roughly that amount last year for the Sandos Papagayo hotel in Lanzarote and loved it... also there the previous year. Another one we would like to visit in Lanz is the Costa Calero Hotel which gets glowing reports but is in a small quiet resort but very upmarket. We stopped off for stawberries and cream one day at the beautiful Budha bar in the Harbour of Puerto Calero. Back to the Sandos hotel it is a lovely 20 min walk to the Rubicon Marina where there are bars and restaurants and a twice weekly market and a further 20 min walk into Playa Blanca with more bars, shops etc., Playa Blanca is my favourite holiday spot so far in Spain and the Canaries. We are trying Fuerteventura this year for the same budget 10 nights A Inc. at the Elba Carlota not sure if it will be as good as the Sandos?!

5. Re: AI holiday - £800-£1k budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:15