We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Company?

Bolton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Company?

Has anyone travelled with 'low cost holidays' ?

If so, what are your views on them please?

Thankx Julie

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Company?

Personally I wouldn't touch an online agent when I can book it all myself. I'm not sure whether you're aware, but LowCost are based in Palma, so are governed by Spanish law. Abta etc wouldn't be able to help if you had any problems. Also no Atol protection.

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Company?

Julie,,, I wouldn't touch them with my worst enemy's barge pole, much less give them a single penny.

As Leyland has said, your booking and your money won't have the same protection as you would have booking with a UK based and UK registered/regulated company, so my strong advice is to stay away from them,.

Bolton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Company?

Thanks for your reply and no I didn't know they were based in Palma, so I definitely wouldn't use them either!

I did notice that they weren't showing any ABTA protection which is what got me thinking!

Bolton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Company?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

I will not be touching them with any size barge pole either!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,718 posts
5,778 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Company?

Hello Julie,

Another thing you can do to find information about OTAs and other travel related businesses is to reference past discussions about them. You can do this by simply typing the name into the search boxes within the TA forums.

If you type in 'low cost holidays' into the TA homepage you'll find the name comes up on over 300K past discussions. See search results link below.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=low+cost+holidays&geo=&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__#ssrc=f,o=0,c=global

This is a good way to find other TA member experiences with businesses like this one.

Happy travels

Bexhill-on-Sea
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Company?

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a warning to all those people viewing the Low Cost Holiday TV adverts!

I booked a holiday to Turkey on Wednesday 23rd July 2014 for my daughter, her husband & their 3 children via Low Cost Holidays. Total cost of the holiday was paid for via a debit card. We checked the booking on their website on Friday 25th July and all was confirmed as per original booking and price level. On Saturday 26th July, my son in law received a telephone call from a staff member at Low Cost Holidays advising that the flights weren't confirmed and that they now had to pay an extra £1000 for the flights. This was queried and the staff member advised him to look at the small print. The staff member, when it was realised that my son in law wasn't going to pay an extra £1000 for the holiday then asked for £140. The sum of £45 extra was finally agreed!!! Is this bad practice or not? Beware, your 'low cost holiday' on one day could end up being a very high cost holiday two days later!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Company?

Yes, this is "bad practice" and should be reported to your local trading standards people at your council, and possibly to the Advertising Standards Authority, who can take action against shonky advertisers.

If they claim to be ABTA members, I'd report LCH to ABTA as well.

Good luck

Mondial

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Company?

Low Cost are a Spanish company, based in Palma, therefore have no affiliation with any UK 'governing bodies'.

9. Re: Holiday Company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16