We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat complaint

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat complaint

I have read the Forum Guidelines and still unsure if this post is appropriate for this forum. I'm sure there will be a reply if it's not.

I have a complaint about Air Transat and it's distinction/elegance club. I posted a full review about the Melia Peninsula and the issues I had with the inclusions, or lack thereof, of the elegance club. I would like to post a more detailed complaint about Air Transat specifically to warn potential travellers of Air Transat's false advertising and misleading ads in their brochures and websites.

I informed my travel agent about the issues and she contacted Air Transat directly. Air Transat contacted the hotel and the manager responded. I did not receive any compensation and not even an apology.

Basically my complaint is two-fold. Many of the inclusions that I paid close to $100 per person extra for so we could be part of the elegance club were either not applicable to our hotel (the fine print on the elegance club page in the brochure does state that not all inclusions are available at every hotel) or they simply were not provided. There is no Wi-Fi at the Melia Peninsula at all. A drink and cold towel upon arrival, concierge, and turn down service are supposed to be included but were never provided. Some of the other inclusions we did receive, like direct transfers, free bottle of rum (worth about $5), and 3 a la carte reservations.

But overall it was not worth the extra price we paid and I would not recommend travelling with Air Transat again. I certainly never will. Not just based on my experience with this trip (it did not have a great impact), but the fact that Air Transat did not offer any compensation or an apology after our complaint. And if you go to the Air Transat website, they still advertise these inclusions.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat complaint

Hi gojays.................... (I'm with you on that, btw!)...........you might post on the Air Travel Forum, here on TA......even though folks do post the odd complaint, here and there, that's not really the focus of TA, so that's why there really isn't a "Complaints" place, or forum, per se................since yours is related to the Airline, you might get some info from the Air Travel forum........can't tell really....TripAdvisor is essentially a member driven website for questions related to travel, plus the reviews section for hotel/restaurant reviews.........good luck, I've travelled with Air Transat many, many times myself...............

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat complaint

Eden, I guess it's as much a review (or complaint) of the tour company as it is the resort. I am a frequent reviewer of hotels and the occasional restaurant so I'm well aware of what TA is all about. I also reviewed the Melia Peninsula specifically and did mention the Air Transat issues. I wanted to follow up on it and write about the elegance club specifically. I only chose this forum because I saw several other reviews about tour companies here so I figured this was the best place to post.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,365 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat complaint

There are quite a few discussions on the Air Travel for this airline. Here is a search result when i inputed the name in the search box on the main TA homepage.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=Air+Transat+&geo=&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__#ssrc=f,o=0,c=global

I would post my experience to one or more of these threads so it can be picked up by those researching this company.

4. Re: Air Transat complaint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17