We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in March

Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in March

Hi all

I am going on honeymoon next March, I can't decide where to go. I was going to Egypt but the hotels I liked I have been put off of now.

Any ideas on what is hot in March. Need it to be in the 20s as like the sun. Budget of up to 2k for 2 of us.

Any ideas??

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
5,731 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in March

Hello CLaire H

Welcome to the Holiday travel forum.

A bit more information will help forum posters offer you more helpful responses. Can you let us know where you are flying from, how long you are able to travel and a bit more about your hobbies? Also, when you say 2K - what currency are you referring to? USD, GBP, Euro?

Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in March

Hi,

Would like to fly from gatwick or stansted preferably.

2,000 gbp

Generally want a resort where we can lay round the pool, all inclusive drink n meals. Would like a resort where you can walk I.e to a harbour or round the town but that's not essential.

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
5,731 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in March

Still not sure how much time you have to travel but let me propose Thailand. Not sure if you can find Gatwick to BKK flights but there are direct flights to/from Heathrow. Airline tickets are not cheap but staying in the beach resorts in Thailand is very affordable compared to many European seaside destinations.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in March

hi clare

i love to travel out and away from the UK as many times as i can during our nasty winter weather

my personal favourite is gran canaria. have been many many times thro october to march and never had bad weather

given why you are travelling i would def say AI to Cordial Mogan hotel in puerto de mogan. a beautiful hotel just a five minute walk to the gorgeous beach and quaint harbour

soz im not gonna go on any more please have a look at the reviews on TA

(just thought tho Vistamar AI overlooking Amadores beach.... another goody

please come back and let us know how you get on

enjoy your day!!!

Edited: 13 May 2014, 19:38
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in March

Thank you for your lovely reply will definitely look into those. I had a look at lanzarote yesterday the weather doesn't seem too bad for March in the Canary Islands.

Thank you

bournemouth
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in March

hi again clare

never been to "lanzagrotty" as its known SO shouldnt / couldnt comment

was in gran canaria march & november 2013..... weather was amazing in march (28° to 35°)

good luck

dont forget the "wedding day" is more important than the honeymoon

(ec hotelier)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 21:12
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in March

Can never understand where the lanzagrotty name came from, its lovely island. I adore going there every April and October. March can be a little more changeable weatherwise but can reach high temps and you'd def get a tan :-) pop over to the very helpful lanzarote forum and ask for accomodation advice for your budget if you're at all interested. Happy honeymoon! X

Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go in March

Thank you :-)

9. Re: Where to go in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions