We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mercury China Discovery Tour

Bath, England
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mercury China Discovery Tour

I am thinking of booking this tour for next spring but would like to know more about the flights. Does anyone know if tea and/or coffee is served on board as well as meals? Also as I am a light sleeper and the flight is an overnight flight I am seriously concerned that I will not get any sleep. I would appreciate any advice please. Many thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,425 posts
5,642 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mercury China Discovery Tour

Hello daffodil_8,

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

Your question might be better asked directly on the China forum. Here is a query asked last month for the same company and tour. You might want to touch base with the original poster (OP) to ask them about their experiences.

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy your travels in China.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294211-i642-k7005…

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mercury China Discovery Tour

Hi

We have just returned from this tour. Green tea and coffee and a meal are served free of charge on all the flights on the tour. The meals are all Chinese food which may not be to your taste as they are not the same as the take-away food we are used to eating, but I found them mostly ok and some part of them edible and acceptable and there is always a choice of two to choose from. Flight comfort is ok too. The internal flights are short anyway-the longest about 4 hours but mainly 2-2 and a half hours. The flight back home is a bit of a killer and we were exhausted when we arrived back at Heathrow. It was about 7pm but due to the time difference was 2am to us and we had been up at 4am the previous morning. Luckily we had booked an overnight stay at an airport hotel as part of our parking package before the trip and would strongly advise you to do the same unless you are getting picked up from the airport or live nearby so only have a short drive home.

I hope this helps. Please message me if you want more info about the tour on any tips on what to take, what to wear and the facilities etc at the hotels and the food provided on the tour. I would be happy to help with any enquiries.

Best wishes

Denise

3. Re: Mercury China Discovery Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2015, 06:20