We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

I am looking to organise a trip to India for 3-4 weeks next year at the end of March. I want to visit Delhi, Agra and Amritsar and I was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to travel between the three places (train or internal flights)? Also has anyone got any places they would recommend visiting? I have looked at booking a guided tour through Virgin etc however it really doesn't appeal to me as I'd like to go at my own pace - has anyone travelled round this area before and have any ideas/tips for me? I welcome all responses as I'm in the first stages of planning my trip so any ideas would be much appreciated!! Thanks :-)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,264 posts
5,505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

Hello Lisa W

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

As for an independent resource for learning more about India you can spend some time browsing the India Mike forums. These are mostly supported by those from India and the information shared is very good.

Otherwise, let me redirect you to the TA India forums. You can browse the various destinations and ask questions there as well. The India forums are active and there are some very helpful destination experts (DEs) that can answer just about any sort of question you have about travel within their country. Here is the link to help get you started.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293860-i511-India…

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy your time in India.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

Thanks! I wasn't too sure where to start on the forum

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,264 posts
5,505 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

It's perfectly ok, Lisa W. Hope you find what you are looking for on the India forums.

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

…travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

Hi bradjill it sounds like your trip to India is almost alike mine take a look .. At the blog. I would recommend airlines as the safest way to travel

5. Re: Help I want to travel India but don't know where to start!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16