We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi visit - just don't go!

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Delhi visit - just don't go!

New Delhi was our only disappointment during our entire travels in India. I would avoid it at all costs for tourists. It has the worst historical sites, too much traffic and your hustled non stop. If you want history, go anywhere else, Agra is close and better use of time. I have never left a comment like this anywhere else in the world but it's just not worth it.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,581 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Delhi visit - just don't go!

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit to New Delhi...........if you post your thoughts, perhaps in the form of a short trip report about New Delhi, on the actual New Delhi forum, instead of this forum for general travel discussions, I believe you'll reach many more of those interested in travel to that city, than you will here.....you can reach the ND forum by clicking on the blue link in this post.......

Edited: 05 July 2014, 18:10
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,044 posts
5,329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Delhi visit - just don't go!

David C,

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum.

What exactly didn't you not like about Delhi's history and historic attractions? Were you not impressed with the UNESCO World Heritage attractions - Qutab Minar and Humayun's Tomb (see links)?

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304551-d3…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304551-d3…

3. Re: New Delhi visit - just don't go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:15