We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

5 posts
Save Topic
Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

Hey there, me and my girlfriend are looking to go on our first holiday together next year but we are having trouble deciding where to go.

We are both 21 and we live in Liverpool so we could could travel from Manchester airport or Liverpool depending on the location we set off to. We want to go for 10 days, all inclusive if possible. We want do spend £400-£600 per person for flights and hotel.

Now this is the hard part, we both want somewhere sunny and hot where we can go on the beach and enjoy a bit of time (she wants to go Spain or somewhere like that) but I wouldn't want to just spend time on the beach, I want activities and places to visit through the day, something that you couldn't experience in the UK... that's why I want to travel to Asia. I would love to see any historic ruins, animals up close and other various fun activities, including a nightlife that is fun! I was taking a look at Singapore (don't know where) but I saw some girls pictures and she visited Universal Studios, there was a lovely beach, she was up close with an elephant and a tiger and it just caught my attention. My work friend is from the Phillipinnes and I think that's why I'm intrigued with Asia.

Anyhow that's our background and basis of travel and I'm sorry it's complicated but I am a complicated guy lol but I was wondering if anyone could paint an image of where would be nice and affordable for us to go and if anyone could suggest a hot, sunny beached location with activities and a great nightlife for us as we are extremely confused. If you need any additional info then please just ask I would love to help you, help me haha :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,952 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

Hello,

It's a coincidence that I just read your post on here, and you mention Singapore. I am one of the Destination Experts on the Tripadvisor Singapore Forum. The City of Singapore has some great attractions and nightlife (I think you are mentioning the animal exhibits at the Singapore Zoo) and Sentosa Island (that's where the new Universal Studios Theme Park is and there are several beaches, though they are small and man-made). If you want further information then have a look at the official tourism website www.yoursingapore.com

Also, come and browse the Singapore Forum here on TA. In particular, look at our forums Top Questions section (towards the top of the forum page and they are all down the right-hand side). Also, all attractions including the Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari, and Universal Studios are all reviewed in the 'Things to Do' section. Things to Do can be found within the green banner at the top of our forum page. Here is a link to our forum if you want to explore -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294262-i1747-S…

Not sure about your budget, you would need to first check and compare the cost of flights to Singapore, and there are not really "all inclusive" deals unless you go to a Travel Agent in your city and see if they do packages. Most visitors we help on our forum book a flight, then choose a hotel/hostel according to their budget, use public transport to get around and dine cheaply at local Hawker centres. Singapore is an easy destination to organise a Do-it-yourself trip.

If you consider Singapore I might see you on our forum some time. Happy planning.

Edited: 29 August 2014, 22:41
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

Thank you very much I will take a quick look at the recommendations! To update we have been looking at Thailand and the girlfriend likes the look of it as do I, I was wondering if anyone could use the information we have given and help us out with Thailand?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,952 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

Look on the Thailand Forums here on Tripadvisor. Regular forum contributors on there will have the most current and useful information.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g293915-i3686-T…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,264 posts
5,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

Hello BenLeonWilliams,

Welcome to the Holiday Travel forum

I might just add that

>>>We want to go for 10 days, all inclusive if possible. We want do spend £400-£600 per person for flights and hotel.<<<<

Flights to this part of the world potentially eat up much of your spend. Singapore will be a real stretch on £600 w/ airfare, accommodations, food and sightseeing but you can do it.

Thailand is considerably cheaper. Bangkok is another great city filled with history, temples, great (cheap) food and lots to do/see. You might want to spend on a second flight to southern Thailand for beach action if this is what is also appealing to you about Thailand. Regardless, I'd follow Avanti's suggestion and research directly on the Thailand Vacation pages and post specific questions about Thailand there as well.

Good luck with your travel research and hope you enjoy your travels.

5. Re: Couple looking for our first holiday, help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 06:17