We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-Atlantic Extended Family Vacation - Where to?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
257 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-Atlantic Extended Family Vacation - Where to?

Last year all of us talked about taking a few days to go away. After talking with a few, I've been told that it would be good if it was within a two hour driving range from Baltimore (I am hoping to talk them into an extension to four, but I'm not sure how likely that will be).

The members include my husband and me (late 30s), my father, three aunts and an uncle. Price point for hotels would probably be around $250/night.

It wouldn't really be that much of an active getaway. Basically just Christmas Eve, Day, and the 26th. Aside from the two holiday meals, we wouldn't really be spending our time together.

I have only been able to come up with two main ideas...

Hershey Lodge. The area is always dressed up for Xmas, the hotel is one where you can just chill out with a coffee or cocktail in front of the fireplace. We could see about a place in Harrisburg for Xmas Eve dinner, and then the lodge's hotel for Christmas.

National Harbor: Obviously the city is filled with decorations, there are a few places to just relax in the hotel if we want or venture out to DC. I believe there is a steak restaurant in the hotel, but we've never been fond of the restaurants in the National Harbor area for another dinner.

Any ideas on a different city I can look into?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,445 posts
5,657 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-Atlantic Extended Family Vacation - Where to?

Hello Hazeleyez3

Welcome to the general Holiday Travel forum on Tripadvisor. This is an international forum which might not be the best place to ask your destination specific questions. I would ask directly on the Maryland forum (see link) and see what the local experts think.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28941-i100-Maryla…

There are destination specific forums for pretty much all cities and states if helpful. Good luck with your research and hope you find a nice holiday destination.

2. Re: Mid-Atlantic Extended Family Vacation - Where to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions