We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for good ski shoas

Emirate of Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for good ski shoas

I'm an intermediat skiier, I'm looking for a good ski shoas. Which brand you may recommend to bay online? Highly appreciate if you could attached websites in this regards.

Note: I'm from dubai, my shoas # is 42,5

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Khadim1,

Proper fitting ski equipment is critical to a good and safe ski experience. I would not recommend buying online unless you know EXACTLY what want and have tried the boot on elsewhere.

A better choice would be to purchase a boot from a reliable boot shop when you are at a ski resort. Yes, that is probably one of the most expensive options, but having your feet comfortable and well fit is key to skiing.

Emirate of Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Thank you dear for your email, I really aggrey with you. Can you recommend a good brand ski boot (good qality and price)?

A waiting your reply.

Thanks again for your support.

Ibrahim Khadim

Dubai

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Again, it really depends on you and the specifics of your fit. I have been in Nordica the last few years because they make a women's boot that has the right combination of stiffness and flex but still fits my more athletic calf and my skiing stance. A good friend prefers Lange because her foot is narrow and it does a better job of holding her heel. The men in my family are wearing Black Diamond alpine touring boots because those boots work on the slopes or hiking in the back country.

Salomon, Nordica, Atomic, Rossingnol, Tecnica, Dynafit, Lange, etc. (to name a few) they are all good. Even within a line, some will fit you, some won't. There are many, many variables. And if a friend says "_____ is the best boot", that is not necessarily true - as it is all about fit.

I know you said you are in Dubai. And, not knowing anything about Dubai, I do know about Ski Dubai. They have a Ski Shop - have you stopped in there to check their boot selection? While it may not be the place to buy your boots, at least you may be able to try a few on and get an idea of fit. skidubai2.tattoo360.com/home/snow-pro.aspx

Are you going skiing this winter? Where?

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Ibrahim Khadim -

One other thing. When I am buying new boots, I go to my boot fitter, describe my skiing style, where I am skiing, and my goals. I do not pay attention to brands, I let my fitter choose, and then just start trying the different styles and start narrowing the choices.

Good luck!

Emirate of Dubai...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Thanks for your important information..

I go to ski dubai weekly, I know the ski shop, but honestly it's tooooo expensive (1000 $ +).

Will try to find a good one in my next ski trip to chamonix in march 2013.

Have you been in Alpen? We are a group of 6, we have our yearly ski trip. Our last trip was on Feb 2012 on Kaprun on Austria.

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

I am not surprised! I would then try to buy boots on vacation. Go your first day, get fitted at a reputable shop. Sometimes I ask the ski instructors who they go to or try and get a recommendation from a local. Then you will have several days to try out the boots, go back for adjustments if need be.

Sorry, have not skied Alpen.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

Ibrahim

You'll love Chamonix, it's excellent.

Make sure you go up to the Aguille du Midi, take a day trip to Courmayeur via Mont Blanc Tunnel, take mountain railway to Montenvers etc etc.

I agree with IslandGrl, get fitted in the resort, there are many places in the centre of town there full of experts who will assist you. I also agree with the view that the brand or colour scheme doesn't matter so much as the fitting and comfort.

I started off with Head boots (wrongly) fitted in Scotland and ended up ditching them for Fischer boots custom fitted in Whistler, Canada - what a difference it made to my skiing.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 13:05
8. Re: Looking for good ski shoas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions