We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in March for beginners from Brussels

Paris
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing in March for beginners from Brussels

Dear Winter-Sport-Lovers,

May I ask you what places would you recommend for absolute skiing beginners? I live in Brussels, my mam will fly from Saint-Petersburg (Russia), I am not afraid of driving 5-6 hours. My mam is a very active 56 years old lady, I am 23, so we together would like to go somewhere for 3-4 days (we both working and can t take more). We will drive from Brussels (or mam will fly from Russia directly to the place X), or we can meet somewhere 5-6-7 hours driving far=))

We don't need something posh, but would like to organise everything comfortable for my mam. So what can you recommend? Something not far from Basel, Strasbourg etc.

Thank you very very much in advance!!!!

Natalia

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in March for beginners from Brussels

www.onthesnow.com is a website that provides reviews of resorts from around the world including Europe. According to it there are even a few ski hills in Belgium. I confess I did not know that. You will find a few choices near the locations you have mentioned. However, reviewing them it seems you might have some better options if you went a bit farther more into the Alps in southeastern France.

On the other hand, other than looking for better and more consistent snow, you don't really need a big mountain. As a beginner, you're not likely to be skiing the whole mountain any way. Your focus should be on finding a good ski school. As a ski instructor in the USA, I recommend you and your mother ask for a semi-private lesson just for the two of you. It will cost you more, but pay off in the personal attention that you'll get out of it. Or, take a group lesson each morning to get some feedback on how your are progressing and some tips for improving some each day.

2. Re: Skiing in March for beginners from Brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions