We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

My friend and I are doing the Paris marathon (April 6th) and after a few days recuperating in Paris will go skiing in Europe. We are clearly bound by this timing due to the marathon.

I am a basically a beginner (4 times) and will happily attend lessons, and my friend is able to tackle green and blue runs.

We are clearly not super serious skiers, but would like to head to where there is a good chance of snow and is kind to our level of skiing.

We would like some advice about where to go and at this time of the year please?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

Hi, not that easy to get to but Livigno is a good choice in April as its a high altitude resort so the snow will still be very good, but any high altitude resort would be a good option.

Peterhead, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

I would go for some if the higher resorts in France. Like tignes or val thorens. As snow in April can be unpredictable. I've never gone by train but I believe it's easy to get to Moutiers from Paris, where you can get a bus transfer to lots of the French resorts

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

Not that simple to get to yet Livigno is a great decision in April as it’s a high elevation resort so the snow will even now be great, yet any high height resort might be a great choice.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

I know these guys from Crazy Snow Camps run awesome 5-7 day travel adventure camps with skiing, snowboarding and hiking - and often for beginners - throughout the year.

The one we've been on was only around €250, so they are a low great price when you're on a budget.

Typically they are run in Switzerland, Austria and Bosnia

For more info I would check the site www.crazycamp.org to see when their program is.

Hope this helps :-)

Northampton
Level Contributor
533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

BarnabyA.

Can you post anything else constructive apart from advertising your friends business.

Getting boring seeing it pasted everywhere.

6. Re: Skiing April 2014 - Where to go in Europe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions