We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

Hi,

Mathew here.

Myself and 5 other lads in our mid to late 20s are looking to go skiing during the last week in December/first week in January 2014.

Ideally we are looking for a resort in France or Austria with reliable/good snow as well as a reasonably good après ski/nightlife while not being hugely expensive (I know that is asking a lot!).

Suggestions of locations will be most appreciated although how best to get there, transfers, cheap accommodation, etc. are also very welcome.

(We will be flying from Dublin, Ireland)

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,692 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

I guess there's not to many people on this forum in the middle of the northern summer. Have you browsed through the other threads on this forum? There's lots of good info about the pros and cons of different resorts in there. Which resorts are you considering so far?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

Have you considered places like Whistler in British Columbia, Canada. There is always snow in Dec/Jan. Most ski areas are open end of October or November. You might be surprised how far your Pound goes against the Canadian $.

Have a good ski trip.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

Is there a particular reason why you want Austria or France? I have seen some great deals in other countries which fit your criteria. I always go on a family holiday and a camp each year (with mates or on my own). Great fun, meet some wicked people. Went with Nexus Camps last year which I could not fault but have been with a couple of other companies too.

4. Re: Skiing in December 2014 - good Snow and good Après Ski ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions