We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

Does anyone know of hotel rooms in the Twin Cities that have recliner chairs in each room? My mother has disabilities and cannot sleep in a bed. Any help is appreciated.

Essex
Level Contributor
29,980 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

Hello!

I'm not sure that I even know where "The Twin Cities" are - guess "somewhere in the USA"??

However, I have been in many Hotels in the USA, and other parts of the world, and almost never have I seen reclining chairs in any of them.

If, though, you post on the forums that are local to where you want to go, you will surely get better help.

I will suggest that You could also ask for local medical/care equipment hire companies, and arrange with the Hotel you pick, for them to allow you to hire the necessary kit, and have it installed in an appropriate room, before your arrival. The availability of such services, locals should be able to help you with, but there is always Yellow Pages...

Good Luck, EW

Essex
Level Contributor
29,980 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

OK, I have improved my personal education too, and found out about Minneapolis-Saint Paul, now....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis–Saint_Paul

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

Check out Extended Stay chain. I stayed at one that had one reclining chair in the main room. I believe all room have kitchen facilities. I hope you find something for your mother.

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

My father has sleep apnea and sleeps in a recliner. It is difficult for him to travel . Anyone have a suggestion for a travel bed or recliner that he could use? Many thanks!

Watertown, ct
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

I sleep in a recount zero gravity lawn chair when we travel . With extra padding it is not too uncomfortable for a few nights on the road . 9 /28/13

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

What do you use for an extended trip?

For your short trips - do you pack your chair in a suitcase?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

The standard room configuration for Extended Stay Hotels has one bed and a recliner. I rarely think of them because we almost always have more than two people, and there really is no place for more than two people to sleep. I cannot sleep in a recliner, and no one in my family could either.

This is a link for this hotel chain in Minneapolis. Be sure to ask if they have recliners before making a reservation. It has been several years since I have been in one, so they may have changed their furniture.

extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/mn/minneapoli…

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

Perhaps an inflatable back wedge, like this one - rehabmart.com/product/wondawedge-back-suppor…

Then with the addition of a pillow or two at the top it might be like sleeping in a recliner and give you more of an option in choosing where to stay. I just got back from the twin cities and driving is horrid due to road construction so you will want a hotel that is convenient to where you will need to go not just one with a recliner.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

I need to find a hotel in (or near the freeway) Grand Junction, Colorado. I was looking yesterday and found one that listed a recliner in the room as an amenity, but I didn't book mark it, and now I can't find it. I also have to have wheelchair handicap accessibility and a roll in shower. We are going to a funeral in Colorado Springs, which is why I am a space cadet.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,644 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Rooms in MN with Reclining Chairs?

I know this is a stressful time but really you need to post your question as a separate thread, as it has nothing to do with rooms in Minnesota, and you may also think about posting in the Colorado forum as well.

Simply click ask a question, give it an appropriate title, and hope for some help.

Sorry about your loss and good luck.