We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Williams

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Williams

I'm interested to see that, commencing for the 2014-5 season, Aurora Expeditions (Polar Pioneer) will be using Puerto Williams, rather than Ushuaia, for many of their voyages. Puerto Williams is a Chilean port about 2 hours sailing time down the Beagle Channel from Ushuaia. This will involve flying from Punta Arenas in Chile to Puerto Williams.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,310 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Williams

Hmmmm thats interesting. So the flights from Aus would be Syd > Santiago > Puntas > Puerto Williams.

Be nice to skip the whole escapade of BA that is always in the equation.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Williams

PP - I know that you like to spend more time in Ushuaia, than BA, en route to Antarctica but disagree with you. Buenos Aires is a beautiful and interesting city which is well worth spending time in.

The Puerto Williams departures mean not only missing out on BA but also Ushuaia.

I suspect that the main reason for the change in itinerary is the Argentinean restrictions on shipping to and from the Malvinas

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Williams

"to and from the Malvinas"

or the Falklands....!

I doubt much will happen this year, until companies see the impact of the new Argentinian stance.

4. Re: Puerto Williams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:17