We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

Windermere Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

I have booked on the Orion to Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica in Dec 2014. My cabin is 302. Do you know or can you direct me to a place where I can discuss the storage available in this cabin class? I have obviously looked at the layout, etc, but I have been unable to reach anyone (even at National Geography Orion booking) who knows what the inside of the 3 closets looks like. The cabin appears to have precious little storage unless it is in the closet.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

Same question as in the other two Orion threads? I suggest emailing one of the helpful folks at expeditions.com. I'd find it difficult to believe the Orion's cabins offer significantly less storage than the Explorer's (on which, for the record, cabin 302 has less storage than 304). On her, drawers are below a half-height closet, and empty bags fit below the beds. If you can't all your stuff you've probably brought too much and incurred excess charges from the airlines.

Windermere Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

Thanks Michigan, I expect to bring only a small to medium duffle. If the Orion has a few drawers in one of the closets, That would be fine.

Sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

I've just come off a cruise and was in 401. There is plenty of space for careful travellers. If there are two of you in a cabin, management is required, but you should be okay.

The idea is to empty your suitcase(s) or duffles and put them under the bed.

The closet has two hanging areas with hangers provided, plus shelves and drawers.

There are more drawers in the desk.

4. Re: National Geographic Orion, cabin storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 19:17