We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean diamond Cabin 522

Liverpool, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean diamond Cabin 522

I've just signed up on Quark's Ocean Diamond for a Crossing the Circle trip in Jan 2016. All very exciting. My first trip to Antarctica - if its half as good as Greenland i'll be happy!

They have given me Cabin 522. Has anyone travelled in that cabin? is it as bad as it looks - near the lecture theatre and oppposite the toilets?? I realise it has an obstructed view but i cant tell what is blocking the view (its not a lifeboat). Quark have offered to move me - does anyone have a suggestion as to the best twin obstructed view cabin (it there is such a thing!)

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,143 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

I can ask my friends who work on board if you like ?

Liverpool, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

That would be terrific. Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,143 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

I popped them an email. They may be out at sea in the Arctic so sometimes it's a week or two before they have net access - but I will let you know.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,143 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

They must be all in port today as I got a couple of replies. They all said they havent been in that cabin or spend much time on that deck.

They said - importantly - dont get too hung up on the view from the cabin - they views are from the decks outside !!!

Liverpool, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

I understand absolutely! :) I don't plan on spending too much time in the cabin.

Thanks for asking though.

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

Hi. I am in the process of deciding which 2016 Antarctic trip to book and am seriously considering the one you are on (haven't gotten as far as room selection). Just curious if you booked directly with Quark or used another company and if so whether there was an advantage of one or the other. As far as I can tell the prices are the same.

Liverpool, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

I booked directly with Quark - thought it was easier than using a third party. Also for me, living in Australia, i only have to worry about one currency change. Last year I booked though an English company and had to deal with a double exchange.

8. Re: Ocean diamond Cabin 522

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16