We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice for traveling alone

1 post
Save Topic
Need advice for traveling alone

So I'm 46, and in need of an adult get away to somewhere warm and relaxing... from a Wednesday to Sunday so the distance needs to be direct and short. I'll be traveling alone and would love the opportunity to relax but it would be great if there were other singles to meet and enjoy a meal with. All inclusives are great, just find they are mostly couples. Any suggestions?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,800 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice for traveling alone

Maybe check out this recent thread:

There are so many options and you don't say what time of year or your interests, but you might start by thinking about your budget. Low budget options like Bahamas, Puerto Rico, many places in Mexico (Cancun, for example), Jamaica - and mid-budget options like Dominican Republic, Belize, Costa Rica, Aruba. Is your only goal to be somewhere warm on a beach where there are other singles to meet, or do you want to do some exploring, too?? Get on a site like skyscanner.com or kayak.com/buzz or farecompare.com/dealfinder and do some searching.

A lot of people have their own opinions on where to go. Wednesday-Sunday is sort of short; so my personal tastes would draw me to Cancun.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice for traveling alone

If I were you, I would pick a 1 flight destination for such a short trip. Fly into Cancun and stay in Playa del Carmen, Tulum or Puerto Morelos. There's a bus from the airport that will get you to Playa or Puerto - from Playa you can change to a bus to Tulum. Nice, air conditioned buses.

Or fly to Montego Bay, Jamaica and go to Negril - or fly to Kingston and go to Treasure Beach.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
347 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice for traveling alone

I would try sear hing on orbitz or travelocity. Mexico will be your cheapest option, the Bahamas a bit more exotic and then there is the Caribbean. For Mexico I would suggest cozumel.

Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice for traveling alone

I would also suggest Mexico. Cancun and Ixtapa are great. Playa del Carmen and Puerto Vallarta are paradise. They definitely got the things that you are looking for. Enjoy your trip! =)

5. Re: Need advice for traveling alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:17