We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurail Global Pass

Hong Kong, China
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eurail Global Pass

I'm going to Europe (Prague > Budapest > Vienna > Rome > Paris > Amsterdam) for a half of month on my own next year and thinking about buying a Eurail Global Pass. Does anyone advise me that it is a efficient way to reserve a seat at train stations when i get there by using the Eurail Global Pass? Many thanks !

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,474 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurail Global Pass

KaC, try your question on the Train Travel forum. You should get some very good advice there .

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_…

Have a wonderful trip.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurail Global Pass

'Half a month"??? That means only 2 weeks for 6 cities in 6 different countries??????

WOW! That sounds like much too much traveling and little time to actually see/do anything.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurail Global Pass

It is extremely doubtful that a Global pass would make any sense. There are too many supplements, additional charges, restriction, etc associated with so many trains you would be taking. Do look at the Train Forum.

Also, as RiffM says, 6 cities in 2 weeks means that you'd be spending half your time travelling from one to another.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurail Global Pass

Prague to Budapest: From €19 pre-booked at www.cd.cz/eshop

Budapest to Vienna: From €19 if pre-booked at www.mav-start.hu (use Chrome with its translation feature, as this switches to Hungarian half way through, but it works!). Or around €30 at the station on the day.

Vienna-Rome by direct sleeper train: From €39 with couchette, €69 with bed in 2-berth sleeper, book at thre Austrian Railways site www.oebb.at looking for a cheap fare with a clover leaf symbol.

Rome-Milan from €9 at www.lefrecce.ot or try new operator www.italotreno.it. Then Milan to Paris by daytime TGV at www.tgv-europe.com from €25 or by sleeper train (depart 23:35 arrive 09:29) at www.thello.com

Paris-Amsterdam from €35 at www.thalys.com

5. Re: Eurail Global Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:16