I've been thinking about travelling alone somewhere just to get a break from this everyday stuff I have gotten fed up. Although, making this travelling dream come true probably won't happen anywhere in the near future, but hey, it's good to have some plans "just in case", right?
So basically, I'm just looking for places where I could just relax and escape the regular life. Fiji and Bora Bora would be kind of the places for me right now, but considering that I'm just a student, they are quite expensive destinations.
It's not all just about chilling in the beach, though, because what I would really want is just to really travel around. Like, take a year off from school and just travel. But wouldn't run straight into places like Seoul and Tokyo (which I in fact would really want to visit, especially Seoul), maybe in the end of the trip. So, I would start it slow and then "build it up", if you know what I mean.
I enjoy nature, so places close to it would be the first choices for me. Surfing, zip-line, hiking etc. are the things for me too. So a possibility for these kinds of adventures would be a big plus!
In the end though, I wouldn't plan my trip really in details because there is pretty much 90% chance that things won't go the way you like. I would probably decide countries and places I would like to visit, but nothing more. Just going with the flow; go to one place and be there as long as I feel like before going somewhere else and do pretty much everything what comes in my mind.
And I don't mind working abroad during my trip either if it means funding the trip. Hanging with the locals is also a big thing for me! Also about the places I would visit, doesn't matter. Anywhere in the world is fine!
- Want to go to an escape trip from everyday life
- Fiji & Bora Bora in mind, but too expensive
- Not all about beaches and chilling, adventures and cities are OK too
- Don't want to plan the trip in small details, going with the flow
- Working during the trip is fine
- Anywhere in the world is fine
- How big budget should I be looking at if I would go to travelling say for 1 year?
- What other places are like Fiji and Bora Bora, but cheaper?
- Probably an obvious question, but if I want to work during the trip, should I have some working visas for every country I plan to visit?
- In the end, would be more clever to go with a friend, even though I really feel like doing this all by myself?
Thanks in advance!