We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel in Europe

2 posts
Save Topic
Solo travel in Europe

I have about 4 days before I need to meet some friends in Prague. Flying into Heathrow and will be ending up in London for a few days before returning home, so I would like to go somewhere else. Any ideas? I was thinking Germany or Northern Italy.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travel in Europe

Both sound fun, but you really don't share what you're looking for in a side trip? What kind of traveler are you - explorer, art, museum, countryside, small town/big town??

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travel in Europe

I like museums, but I am thinking some guided day tours. I am not limiting myself to countryside or city. I guess since I am traveling alone for a few days, safety is important.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travel in Europe

You might want to take a look at Munich or Venice (I've been to both)...each has a pretty extensive local forum board with lots of great Destination Experts.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,008 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travel in Europe

I have traveled alone to Italy several times.

Venice is the safest city I know!!

It is also one of my favorites!

IF you really don't have anywhere special in mind I'd check flights from London and then transport(train/flights) into Prague and just see which city offers the best possibilities.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,718 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo travel in Europe

As your final destination is Prague, you might look at destinations from which it is easy to get to Prague.

Munich would certainly be one possibility. Also, how about Dresden or Vienna? You might also look at Budapest.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo travel in Europe

What sort of things do you like doing? :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo travel in Europe

Shooter25: See post #2.

Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
945 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo travel in Europe

Berlin or Munich are great in Germany, with a lot to see.

Otherwise in northern Italy: Milan, Turin, or one of the most beautiful cities in the world: Florence

9. Re: Solo travel in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 10:15