We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

Hi there,

I'm looking for suggestions of somewhere to try and visit departing this coming Sunday (7/10/12) and returning Wednesday morning. I will be travelling from the UK. I'm normally based in Glasgow, but I'm in the East Midlands on Saturday, and need to be in London on Wednesday, so I'm trying to make use of my time.

Obviously its a short timeframe, so Europe will be about as far as I'll go. I will be travelling solo - I'm a male of 24, and might try and aim to find a hostel where I might meet others.

Not sure what I'd be looking for in a destination - just something that works time wise, so any suggestions are welcome. No doubt I will have limited choice as some will be ruled at by air fares and schedules at this late stage.

Would I be right in saying I've missed the boat for Oktoberfest?

Thank you got taking the time to read, and for any input you may have!

cvek2

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

Google tells me Oktoberfest ends on Sunday October 7.

Go to Prague. It's Oktoberfest there 365 days of the year.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,073 posts
5,332 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

Up for some culture, museums and art? Just fly to Rome and enjoy a week there. Some decent quality hostels there and endless world-class attractions to see. Good luck choosing your holiday destination and have fun.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,550 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

Amsterdam, Brussels, Munich (who care that O-fest ends on Sunday), Copenhagen, Barcelona, Rome ....

4. Re: Destination Suggestions for this coming Sunday - Wednesday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 07:17